First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Shipped out of state but going through NY small claims. Have all conversation history saved
I know some guys who will collect them for you. They charge 25% of the amount owed, with a $500 minimum. Payment only when merch is returned.

They are interesting guys from Croatia.
Sponsored

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
While I want to feel bad for you getting shafted, it's hard to due to you being a wiling party to it. If it was someone local that you knew that did that to you, that's a lot different than when it's a stranger and you have to go out of your way to ship the item.

I have always been a little hesitant when dealing with someone out of state and have to ship the item. In every situation where I have, I go out of my way to protect myself. Payment in full up front via PayPal and unless they put up a big stink, payment sent as a friends and family payment to avoid the fees.

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
I know some guys who will collect them for you. They charge 25% of the amount owed, with a $500 minimum. Payment only when merch is returned.

They are interesting guys from Croatia.
I’ll poop on his hood for $20.

OP
OP

Deleted member

While I want to feel bad for you getting shafted, it's hard to due to you being a wiling party to it. If it was someone local that you knew that did that to you, that's a lot different than when it's a stranger and you have to go out of your way to ship the item.

I have always been a little hesitant when dealing with someone out of state and have to ship the item. In every situation where I have, I go out of my way to protect myself. Payment in full up front via PayPal and unless they put up a big stink, payment sent as a friends and family payment to avoid the fees.
Isnt it a two way street though? As a seller, if you get full payment, you could scam and not ship, and as a buyer how do you protect yourself against that?

Sponsored

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Isnt it a two way street though? As a seller, if you get full payment, you could scam and not ship, and as a buyer how do you protect yourself against that?
As a buyer paying through PayPal you'd be able to make a claim and get your money back from PayPal.

BroncoWranglerski

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler
Vehicle Showcase
Warning on Jeeper Don Vasquez: he purchased tube doors from me, agreeing to pay $800. Claimed hardships so only paid $150 and essentially scammed me out of $650. Do not do any business with him.

3.jpeg

2.jpeg

View attachment 235145
Thanks for the warning. A weasel is a weasel.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
If he were honest about the sad story, I'd think he'd ask if he could just send the merchandise back.

I hope you are able to recover as much $$ as possible.

Sponsored

IndustrialAction

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That is true, and as a seller if you did that you'd get flamed just the same.

As a buyer if you're trying to protect yourself, you'd demand to send payment in a way that would protect you should the seller try and scam you. If you're using PayPal for example to send a payment, you request to send it as a regular payment so that you can file a dispute if the seller doesn't follow through on what they promised.

In your situation, you should have worked something out with the buyer where he pays you the initial payment, and you hold the parts until he's paid you in full. If wasn't agreeable to that, you move on to the next buyer.

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to hear of your troubles. This is the biggest reason I won't sell/ship items for sale. Local pickup only.

Situations like this give eBay a good name.

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is the biggest reason I won't sell/ship items for sale.
There's nothing wrong with shipping things you're selling if you're smart about it. I think I've sold/shipped more items that I've sold locally to be honest.

The problem the OP is has is they shipped parts out without first receiving full payment. While I feel for his situation, it's hard to have sympathy as it could have completely been avoided.
Sponsored