First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
So dumb me….I recently put a vehicle for sale on EBay and had an interested “buyer” reach out to me through Ebay mail system asking if I’d take a lower price. I mailed him back and said yes.

I then somehow received an email from him to my personal email account (at the time I thought nothing of it) asking for an address and phone number so that he can send a certified check. Again…dumb me didn’t think twice about this and gave him my cell phone number and my business address (where the truck would be to pick it up). I also gave him my first name. After this I haven’t heard a peep from him even after emailing him a few times.

My question is how nervous should I be that a potential scammer has my business address, cell phone number, and first name? Should I change my phone number? I’ve already contacted my bank and they put an alert on the account.

I’ve heard that scammers can call up your mobile provider (pretending to be you) and claim you’ve lost your phone and then ask the provider to port the number to their own cell phone. By this happening they can then receive all your texts (very useful for codes needed to change passwords to accounts!). 😕 Thankfully, when I tried to call my service provider I, myself couldn’t even get access since I have no idea what my PIN is!:whew:

Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Jason
Sponsored