• Watchers 16

Loki Kai

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Guy looks super HAPPY in his photos. Do you have the shipping address? Shouldn't be hard to find them. I once drove 4 hours to a car meet to recover a $300 car deposit I got scammed out of years before. Look on the guys face was PRICELESS when I introduced myself and informed him i was there for the $350 I had LOANED him. I "watched" his car while he went to the ATM. Tough guy behind a keyboard but a GREAT guy in person.
Sponsored

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
I did unfortunately, he said he had a kid with cancer, so I agreed to paying half within a week. Weeks dragged on and he only ever paid me $150 coming up with excuses days on end.
LOL and you thought it made sense that the guys kid has cancer and he's really tight on funds but he's buying tube door's for his Jeep? Sorry you had it coming not to spot that scam.

OP
OP

Deleted member

If he were honest about the sad story, I'd think he'd ask if he could just send the merchandise back.

I hope you are able to recover as much $$ as possible.
Yeah I asked for it back since he wasnt able to pay but fell on with no response
LOL and you thought it made sense that the guys kid has cancer and he's really tight on funds but he's buying tube door's for his Jeep? Sorry you had it coming not to spot that scam.
Lol fair enough. He said "I have a son with cancer so these are for his new Jeep JLU I told him to focus on getting better and I will find the few things he wanted for his Jeep" and I've lost 4 family members to cancer and also grew up on food stamps so I was trying to be empathetic.

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
Yeah I asked for it back since he wasnt able to pay but fell on with no response

Lol fair enough. He said "I have a son with cancer so these are for his new Jeep JLU I told him to focus on getting better and I will find the few things he wanted for his Jeep" and I've lost 4 family members to cancer and also grew up on food stamps so I was trying to be empathetic.
I understand but sometimes we need to tell dumb people they're doing dumb things. I can't believe someone would even pitch that bullshit story.

Hip2u77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine: '14 JKUR, Hers: '18 JLUR
The buyer scammed a guy and got away with it. People continue to do stuff because they get away with it. I would absolutely sue him in small claims and couldn't care less if it cost me 5k. Somethings are more important than money.

Sponsored

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
The buyer scammed a guy and got away with it. People continue to do stuff because they get away with it. I would absolutely sue him in small claims and couldn't care less if it cost me 5k. Somethings are more important than money.
That's ok karma will rape his ass for telling such a vile story and screwing a man who was trying to be a decent person.

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I recently sold something on Facebook marketplace and shipped it. Reading this thread, I realize I should have just used paypal for the buyer’s protection, but I knew I wasn’t going to screw him- he was the one taking the risk, as you’ll see below.

What I did was, I went to the UPS store with my package, got a quote for shipping, and told him it would be $10.48. The asking price was $60. He then transferred me $10.48 on Facebook messenger. When I saw that it went through, I told him thanks and he said okay now I’ll send the $60. I said no, just pay the remainder ($49.52) and I’ll leave the package with them. He did and I did, and I sent him a picture of the receipt with the tracking number. Obviously it required a bit of trust on his part but it worked out.

Loki Kai

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I recently sold something on Facebook marketplace and shipped it. Reading this thread, I realize I should have just used paypal for the buyer’s protection, but I knew I wasn’t going to screw him- he was the one taking the risk, as you’ll see below.

What I did was, I went to the UPS store with my package, got a quote for shipping, and told him it would be $10.48. The asking price was $60. He then transferred me $10.48 on Facebook messenger. When I saw that it went through, I told him thanks and he said okay now I’ll send the $60. I said no, just pay the remainder ($49.52) and I’ll leave the package with them. He did and I did, and I sent him a picture of the receipt with the tracking number. Obviously it required a bit of trust on his part but it worked out.
Nice avatar! I was 2/8 Cav at Hood in the late 80's

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Nice avatar! I was 2/8 Cav at Hood in the late 80's
Hell yeah! 2-8 is my sister Battalion now, I’m not sure how you were organized back then but right now 2-8 is in my brigade (I’m in 2-12). I was thiiis close to ending up in 2-8.

We also have a Garryowen squadron (1-7 Cav) and 2-5 Cav.

Sponsored

Jeepney18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Toyota Corolla S, 2018 JL Sport S Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to hear about this. I got a private message here for an item that I wanted and I went for it. I transferred funds with Zelle.

Since both sides can get screwed, I asked if I can pay half, then pay the other half after I received the package. It worked out.

aprez27

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Plenty of Jeepers on Long Island, instead of a pic of his kids how about a pic of his Jeep? I wouldn't mind doing a drive-by ooopsie all over the side of his Jeep. He actually looks familiar.

Mjmi69

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab, 2019 BMW 335, 2018 Jeep Rubicon Recon, 2018 BMW 435i
Occupation
Broker/Owner
I don’t understand people getting mad about posting his kids, F that, post his wife , girlfriend, kids, dogs, cats, he is a scumbag and I am willing to bet he is full of crap, no cancer. I would drop into his office and have a short visit with him.
Sponsored