Warn VR EVO 10S & Warn Plate Install Pics

Ultraclassic

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Could i get someone to post pictures of a top view of the install of the Warn VR Evo 10S & Warn Plate on a steel bumper? I installed mine today and i would like to see how others power wires look?

Thanks
Sponsored

Derek

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2-Door
Not really happy with it, but I can change it later if someone has a better idea. The power wires are against the grill, I’d rather there be just a little space but really couldn’t get it better then this.

F22AD559-8E42-440E-854B-8E1930417FC7.jpeg

Gdub

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Occupation
Engineer
Putting one of these on with the stock bumper is like putting 10 lbs of $hit in a 5 lb bag. Mine is the same.

Cuyose

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Data Analyst
Literally just installed this today, and its a very tight fit. The cables are indeed right up on the grill. Ill end up wrapping them a bit like the poster above. Flat link still on the way.

WhatsApp Image 2020-04-26 at 3.43.32 PM.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP

Ultraclassic

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Thanks guys....Mine is the same way and was unsure about it, don't much care for it but it is what it is! I also put a cover on mine and what a PITA that is

Winch 1.jpg

Winch 2.jpg

Cuyose

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Data Analyst
Even though I watched all the videos and had the instructions, some steps were a pain. I also didn't seem to have hardware long enough to bolt up the license plate holder and fairlead that came with the winch, so had to go buy that. They should also have had you install the plate and fairlead before attaching the bumper, it would have been SO much easier than trying to fish washers and nuts behind the bumper.

I also spaced hooking up the ground cable to the winch and had to remove everything to get it on snug. I also had issues after removing the bumper with the outside lower holes on the frame not lining up right, had to pry those back true.

OP
OP

Ultraclassic

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Even though I watched all the videos and had the instructions, some steps were a pain. I also didn't seem to have hardware long enough to bolt up the license plate holder and fairlead that came with the winch, so had to go buy that. They should also have had you install the plate and fairlead before attaching the bumper, it would have been SO much easier than trying to fish washers and nuts behind the bumper.

I also spaced hooking up the ground cable to the winch and had to remove everything to get it on snug. I also had issues after removing the bumper with the outside lower holes on the frame not lining up right, had to pry those back true.
I agree that the bolts aren't long enough for the license plate holder but i opted to not do it and ordered the Tuffy flip up and will have to deal with that when it gets here,,,and i agree 100 percent to do it when the bumper is off

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

Same with the fairlead bolts and sequence. When I read the instructions and saw the fairlead being put on after mounting the bumper, I thought WTH? Then I went ahead and put the bumper back on, forgetting to put the fairlead and filler plate on first. That was a PITA to get them on. Had to get longer hardware too.

itsmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Not really happy with it, but I can change it later if someone has a better idea. The power wires are against the grill, I’d rather there be just a little space but really couldn’t get it better then this.
Is it this specific winch that has this issue? Or are all warn winches setup this way? Would another mounting plate change anything?

Sponsored

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Is it this specific winch that has this issue? Or are all warn winches setup this way? Would another mounting plate change anything?
Not sure if it's just one thing (winch) or a combination of things. I have the EVR 10S, Warn winch plate, and Rubicon steel bumper. I was able to get "most of the wires" pushed under the grille, with only the red power wire being slightly visible.

It's a very tight fit to push them under the grille once everything is bolted up. If I were to do it again, I'd have another person manipulating the wires as the winch/bumper is re-installed.

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Same with the fairlead bolts and sequence. When I read the instructions and saw the fairlead being put on after mounting the bumper, I thought WTH? Then I went ahead and put the bumper back on, forgetting to put the fairlead and filler plate on first. That was a PITA to get them on. Had to get longer hardware too.
Just curious on the longer hardware. Longer to make install easier or because it was too short?

I ask because I have the evo-10s, warn winch, rubicon steel bumper, fairlead, filler plate, AND a poison spyder fairlead aux light mount plate installed. I used the provided hardware and it worked fine and the nuts are all the way on the bolts.
Just for reference, the light mount allows the lights to be installed like the attached picture.

049F4CAC-00B4-44E6-A899-B7201C6E4D89.jpeg

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Just curious on the longer hardware. Longer to make install easier or because it was too short?

I ask because I have the evo-10s, warn winch, rubicon steel bumper, fairlead, filler plate, AND a poison spyder fairlead aux light mount plate installed. I used the provided hardware and it worked fine and the nuts are all the way on the bolts.
Just for reference, the light mount allows the lights to be installed like the attached picture.

049F4CAC-00B4-44E6-A899-B7201C6E4D89.jpeg
I also installed a Factor 55 1.5" fairlead instead of the stock Warn one. But when I mocked up the Warn fairlead, the bolt ends barely poked through the backside of the winch plate and that was not even with the lock washers on. I didn't think it would be possible to even use the factory hardware. Maybe I needed to push the fairlead into bumper more.

Regardless, the hardware wasn't long enough for my other fairlead. I got some grade 8 stuff to use instead.

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
what cover did ya'll use?
I bought the one for the previous generation warn vr. Not a perfect fit but it has stayed on for 9 months at this point. Seems ok so far
Sponsored