Voswitch JL200 Issues - Help

FreedomFur

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
i wired up the Voswitch Jl200 last week and finally wired my GRMS radio into it. All connections look solid between the Voswitch and battery. However, as soon as I turn on any aux switch on the panel on, I hear a clicking sound. Thought this was odd, so I then turned on the MXT400 I have wired to it and saw that that power to the radio was fluctuating rapidly, essentially turning the radio on and off very quickly like a flicker.

I have the Voswitch fuse box P power connected directly to the battery, with the P switch relay spliced into fuse 52 in the Jeeps fuse box and the N ground run straight to the battery per install instructions. I am also running the Voswitch fuse box switch #2 in the position that only gives the switch panel power when the vehicle is on. However, I did confirm the same issue persists when flipped the switch so that the switch panel pulls power straight from the battery.

Anyone run into an issue like this where their extra aux switch system isnt getting constant power?
Sponsored

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Hi - i have a different model of VOSwitch than you, but it might be set at a certain pattern? Solid "On" is a mode, but there are others. Curious if that might be it?

MyDaughters20JL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL Sport S
have you tried switching to a different switch/terminal & see if the problem persists? almost sounds like there's a problem with the relay associated with that switch

tma777

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
As mentioned above you need to change the switch settings, each one is programmable on/off, flash, strobe, momentary. I had the same issue with my winch bypass when I wired it to my voswitch. Mine was set to momentary so it would just click like you described.

OP
OP
FreedomFur

FreedomFur

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Im going to go try programming the different modes right now and also potentially try a different ground. Will report back.

Sponsored

OP
OP
FreedomFur

FreedomFur

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
I was able to reprogram that switch! All set! Thanks for the help!

falcon241073

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
I was able to reprogram that switch! All set! Thanks for the help!
How did you reprogram the switch? I can't find my instructions. I only have one light hooked up right now and it works fine. But In case I have the same issue as you I need to know how to fix it. LOL

OP
OP
FreedomFur

FreedomFur

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
N
How did you reprogram the switch? I can't find my instructions. I only have one light hooked up right now and it works fine. But In case I have the same issue as you I need to know how to fix it. LOL
Not sure haha i played with the on/off power switch but then couldnt duplicate it on the 2nd rocker switch.

i found the install instructions so i will post a pic of them up tomorrow when i get out to the jeep

OP
OP
FreedomFur

FreedomFur

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
See attached for directions

7C57FC6D-0E66-4C3F-A990-EF2484739A34.jpeg
Sponsored