Vehicle will shut off soon????

4doorturbo

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S
Typical shit post. We are all guilty of taking the "shit" bait and commenting. Meanwhile the OP is MIA.
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy

RubyEng

First Name
Di
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
This happened to my 20' JLR (3.6 DAMM ESS w/auto) just a couple days after taking delivery, dealer found a loose ground at the ESS relay and I have had zero issues since. (About 19 months ago)
With your mileage and it being a 19', you will likely get both batteries replaced plus a software update (if not already done) for pre-20' JL's relating to ESS.

The ESS systems on our JL's are a convoluted, poorly executed engineering fiasco that must have been designed by an engineering student...and not one on the Dean's list!
This is EXACTLY what happened to me recently, 2 weeks after I purchased my preowned 2018 Unlimited Rubicon. Jeep wouldn't start, got a jump and quickly got a new battery. Then it was dying at the complete stop. Had it flatbedded to the Jeep dealer, when I learned of the auxillery battery. The what?!!! Then I learned it had the auto/stop which wasn't even working when I got it. Needed a software update and to ensure the auto/stop is on at times to make sure the aux battery stays charged.

AndyB1097

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Willys 2-door
I didn't have my 2020 2DR Willys for a week and that message that the vehicle is shutting down soon came on. More than once. It never actually did, but it did take a Jeep dealer mechanic, who should have received a troubleshooter-of-the-month award, a few days to find the loose wire associated with the secondary battery system. He tightened it up and all has been well ever since. I commented to the service writer that maybe that part of the Jeep was installed on a Friday. He jokingly said it seems like a lot of them were made on a Friday. Had to chuckle and then cross my fingers. But I'm good until 85,000 miles, thanks to the Mopar Vehicle Protection extended warranty.

Sponsored

Mabar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2-Door
@Hollyblanks

Your JL has a battery(s) related issue.

For future reference, as long as your JL is still under warranty... when your JL needs to be towed... call Jeep Road Service at Ph. 1-800-992-1997.

Tell them you have a Jeep Wrangler JL, it is under warranty still and that you need to have it flat bedded, per Owner's Manual, (JL MUST be flat bedded) to the dealership, because.....

They will arrange for a flat bed truck to come get you right away and you never even see the bill.... another words, you don't have to get, to try to get, a reimbursement from FCA afterwards.

Caveat: For the flat bed ride to be free, you must have the JL, transported to the nearest authorized Jeep dealer. IF, you want it going to say a dealer a few miles further, call the Jeep Dedicated hotline and have it approved.

My 2021 Owner's Manual lists the Jeep Roadside Assistance phone number as:

 US: 1-800-521-2779

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
My 2021 Owner's Manual lists the Jeep Roadside Assistance phone number as:

 US: 1-800-521-2779

@mopar

The number I gave 1-800-992-1997 takes the caller to FCA Customer CARE where you can select Roadside Assistance plus a variety of other options to include Warranty assistance, UConnect help and more.. This number allows the caller to not only talk to a Rep to get Roadside Assistance, but also to talk to a Rep to work out an agreement that the vehicle not go to the closest Jeep dealership... You can also complain about an issue.... ask ? and more...

The number you mention 1-800-521-2779 takes the caller directly to reps in regard to just Roadside Assistance.. The Rep just schedules a tow vehicle for you.. Sure, that Rep can probably transfer you to FCA Customer Care..

FCA also has this number:
Dedicated Jeep Customer Assistance: Ph. 1-866-362-2146 which takes you directly to a "Jeep Advisor".

In closing, all the numbers mentioned above could be used.... I more often then not, say call the 1-800-992-1997 number because it covers all bases so to speak and not just getting you a flatbed truck for transport of your disabled vehicle.

dmen

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Willys
The ESS systems on our JL's are a convoluted, poorly executed engineering fiasco that must have been designed by an engineering student...and not one on the Dean's list!
That is a FACT. And I would say the same thing about the neophyte programmer who made UConnect because it is a joke.

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
Its amusing how relevant these battery issues are and how many people are struggling with them. I currently have an appointment later next week (for my early 2018 JL) to have the dealer check both my main battery, aux battery, and the harness/relay/connection / whatever the hell it is that operates the ESS system. I have had the "Stop / Start Not Ready Battery Charging" message on my dash and an obsolete ESS system for about 6 months now. Originally thought it was just from me not driving enough but now in the past week the jeep has not been turning over as strong so unfortunately I think I have a shit aux battery that's now been draining my main batter for some months.
I've had the same issue here. The vehicle has zero reserve (even after 400 miles driven per day) and will die with the interior lights on for 20 minutes if the engine is off.

This really hit the fan on a recent road trip and dealers in Idaho, Oregon, California, and Nevada couldn't make any room. I had to make a 6 week out reservation with my local dealership. Ended up jumping the JL 15 times in a 2 week period.

JeepAustinWeird

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Why is it that the modern cars go to "Shit Mode" when a battery goes bad?? My old cars just needed a jump start, and they ran just fine, until you shut the engine down. Hell, you didnt even need a battery, if you had jumper cables, and plenty of people around to help out, every time you needed a start.
Now, you are just S.O.L. it seems, if everything isn't running optimally.
All this "shit" has to be attributed to the "WOKE Culture"
Can't they just go back to sleep?

Sponsored

Threedog

First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S (D)
My truck, totally unrelated to the Wrangler, has 2 batteries. One died and drained the other, but would still start, so I had no idea there was an issue. Until one day, I started the truck and the wheels were pointed straight forward and the tires were in the position of hard left, the way I parked it the night before. It was under warranty, so I drove it to the dealer, driving straight with the steering wheel in hard right turn. Was a weird, but short drive. Anyway, there is a low voltage steering wheel sensor that wasn't receiving enough power due to the battery situation. So, what seemed totally unrelated was a battery problem. Point being, batteries in all new vehicles can cause all kinds of issues when they go out.

Richaedec1

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon 2021
So disappointed in my jerp :( waiting on a tow truck to pick up my 2019 jeep wranglsr sport. It said to pull over that it was going to shut down soon.

It also would not turn off the accessories. Fans kept running, windshield wipers started by themselves, radio stayed on, ect. Messages on the dash included blind spot disabled, power steering service, auto start/stop disabled, service transmission.

Ugh help!!!!this is the second time I'm having to have it towed for this issue!!!

Jeep Wrangler JL Vehicle will shut off soon???? hhhh
My 2021 wrangler is having a similar problem, mine happens when I first start it, I get messages the say that several of the modules can not communicate with each other, all types of warning icons light up, and yes I can not get the engine to shot off. Other problems were also noted, but to numerous to mention.
I have had it in to the dealership it’s on its fourth time , three times they just could not imagine what could be wrong. I got really pissy, they say they have located the problem with two wiring harnesses. That took two weeks to troubleshoot, and the replacement parts may arrive in two months. Good luck, you have got to be Persistent, with the dealership, I think talking with the dealership general manager may have helped, at least he called me back with information.

Richaedec1

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon 2021
My 2021 wrangler is having a similar problem, mine happens when I first start it, I get messages the say that several of the modules can not communicate with each other, all types of warning icons light up, and yes I can not get the engine to shot off. Other problems were also noted, but to numerous to mention.
I have had it in to the dealership it’s on its fourth time , three times they just could not imagine what could be wrong. I got really pissy, they say they have located the problem with two wiring harnesses. That took two weeks to troubleshoot, and the replacement parts may arrive in two months. Good luck, you have got to be Persistent, with the dealership, I think talking with the dealership general manager may have helped, at least he called me back with information.

Richaedec1

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon 2021
You need to ride the dealership like stink on shit, call the FCA customer care number and get a case number. My dealership just looked at me like (deer in the headlights) like they had no response to call on to identify much less fix the problem. Keep on them.
Sponsored