Vacation/road trip question

quaigonjon

First Name
jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Sting Gray Rubicon
Hello all... I have been lurking on here since I ordered my JLUR on 6/8, so I haven't had a chance to "say hello" yet. I will stop by that forum soon and introduce myself formally!!

I have a question for anyone that has an opinion!

I worked with my dealer on a trade-in agreement that allowed me mileage on the trade, because I would be going on vacation. Presumably before it showed up.... well, I just got a text that it showed up to the dealer!! I never thought that my Jeep would be built and delivered in 16 days!!

Now my dilemma... I leave for vacation on Friday. It will be somewhere around 620ish miles each way. I can take my wife's car on vacation without any question.... but who wants to leave their brand new Wrangler sit in the garage for 10+days??

What are everyone's thoughts about taking a new vehicle on a trip that quick??? I can definitely get some break-in rides on it before I leave on Friday, that won't be an issue. I just wanted to see what the general consensus is! Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ram TRX, 20' Gladiator LE
Hello all... I have been lurking on here since I ordered my JLUR on 6/8, so I haven't had a chance to "say hello" yet. I will stop by that forum soon and introduce myself formally!!

I have a question for anyone that has an opinion!

I worked with my dealer on a trade-in agreement that allowed me mileage on the trade, because I would be going on vacation. Presumably before it showed up.... well, I just got a text that it showed up to the dealer!! I never thought that my Jeep would be built and delivered in 16 days!!

Now my dilemma... I leave for vacation on Friday. It will be somewhere around 620ish miles each way. I can take my wife's car on vacation without any question.... but who wants to leave their brand new Wrangler sit in the garage for 10+days??

What are everyone's thoughts about taking a new vehicle on a trip that quick??? I can definitely get some break-in rides on it before I leave on Friday, that won't be an issue. I just wanted to see what the general consensus is! Thanks in advance!
No better excuse for a proper break in than to take it on vacation with you.

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Just vary your speeds up to 500 miles, and have a ball. Check the tire pressure before you leave. If it's like many here it is to high. Mine was at 42 in every tire. I set them at 32 psi, and it rode and drove much better. Have a safe trip.

Oh, and it wouldn't hurt to check the oil just to make sure.

Sponsored

ShadyB

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's a small import that is my daily driver
I picked mine up and the next day I drove home over 600 miles. Texas to New Mexico some varying speeds but alot of highway. I'm at 7,000 miles now. No I'll effects noticed. Do it

JeepDave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2D Sport, V6, Manual Transmission
I had kind of the same question this weekend. Small 3 day road trip, 400 miles or so, wife suggested taking the old car to save wear & tear and miles on the Jeep. And I thought yeah, thatā€™s a good idea, take care of the Jeep a little, I will take the old car. Came time to pack the car, couldnā€™t do it, took the Jeep. You might want to leave it home, Jeep wonā€™t let you.

Sponsored

WES IV

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S 2 dr with hardtop. Firecracker Red.
Occupation
Going over the hills and far away
Just vary your speeds up to 500 miles, and have a ball. Check the tire pressure before you leave. If it's like many here it is to high. Mine was at 42 in every tire. I set them at 32 psi, and it rode and drove much better. Have a safe trip.

Oh, and it wouldn't hurt to check the oil just to make sure.
Enjoy the new Jeep but no racing!

Chuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon M/T 2dr, 2009 Nissan Xterra Off Road M/T with a 2" lift
Vehicle Showcase
I got my new Jeep just a few days before a planned, 900-mile road trip to Utah. I knew break-in miles are suggested, but instead of just driving our other car to UT (boring), I decided to drive the hell out of my Jeep -- around town and beyond -- before the trip. Easily put a few hundred gentle miles on it in just a few days. Then I had it up to 85 mph for many hours through Idaho. That week-long trip would've been unbearable had I taken one of our other vehicles.
Sponsored