Jeepmojave85

Jeepmojave85

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Just a heads up, our last trip, we hit Moab in the middle and decided mid week to stay an extra week. Sounds Epic!

Edit, not sure on your plans but we did Yellowstone to Sedona last fall over 5 weeks if it gives you any ideas. https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/wy-moab-sw-ut-sedona-ā€˜22-and-off-road-camper-build-ā€˜23-and-ejs-23.101937/
Going to read this whole thread.

Hope you enjoyed the movie.

Heads up, weā€™re big country fans, and would easily skip prepaid DB tickets for an extra day or two in Moab.
It was good, thanks! Haha the concert was an excuse to get my wife to go on a road trip. Itā€™s also an excuse for me to get a RTT haha.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeepmojave85

Jeepmojave85

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
I checked all the campsites, hard on a last minute decision like this, but oh well. Want a BLM camp site but not going to risk it, if I canā€™t find one my wife will murder me and Iā€™ll be annoyed driving around. Just booked one in north Moab off main st and itā€™ll give me good proximity to the area for the day and a half I plan on spending there.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Going to read this whole thread.

It was good, thanks! Haha the concert was an excuse to get my wife to go on a road trip. Itā€™s also an excuse for me to get a RTT haha.
The thread is pretty long, instead of starting new threads I just kept posting there. Around post 100 I start building an off road trailer and it ends up at EJS last month.

OP
OP
Jeepmojave85

Jeepmojave85

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
The thread is pretty long, instead of starting new threads I just kept posting there. Around post 100 I start building an off road trailer and it ends up at EJS last month.
Good idea, Iā€™m always a less threads makes forums better kind of person. Iā€™m guilty asking here though.

OP
OP
Jeepmojave85

Jeepmojave85

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Utah has an off road education course that required now? Lol thatā€™s wild. Gotta find some time for that, Colorado needs that.

Sponsored

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Thatā€™s good to know. Iā€™m leaning the Mojave because weā€™re figuring out how weā€™re going to camp now. I donā€™t have a tent yet, thinking RTT. Easier on my truck than her Wrangler, the racks are cheaper for me.

Nice! Iā€™ll share how it goes, I think weā€™ll be taking the Mojave. How much is the front locker costing you? Iā€™ve got 35ā€™s and a 2ā€ lift on mine.

I added fins to my list. Iā€™ve heard too of the world has gotten bad.

yes, 4 door 2023 Rubicon.

Iā€™m adding those too.. thanks!
On the topic of RTT for gladiators. If you donā€™t have a rack yet Iā€™d give the GFC a good hard look.

Mtpisgah

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Nice! Iā€™ll share how it goes, I think weā€™ll be taking the Mojave. How much is the front locker costing you? Iā€™ve got 35ā€™s and a 2ā€ lift on mine.
The Eaton elocker is about $1000. Not sure on the labor yet. I am also having chromoly axle shafts installed.

OP
OP
Jeepmojave85

Jeepmojave85

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
On the topic of RTT for gladiators. If you donā€™t have a rack yet Iā€™d give the GFC a good hard look.
Just to be clear, their rack or one of their tents? Looking at their website.

Sponsored

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Just to be clear, their rack or one of their tents? Looking at their website.
The ā€œcamperā€ itā€™s both. You can enter from the bed of the truck. Move the platform out of the way if you want and have a dry place to hang out, skip the ladder, etc. Iā€™ve got the RTT but if I had known I would eventually be building an overland rig I would have gone the gladiator with a GFC camper route for sure.

Mtpisgah

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
The ā€œcamperā€ itā€™s both. You can enter from the bed of the truck. Move the platform out of the way if you want and have a dry place to hang out, skip the ladder, etc. Iā€™ve got the RTT but if I had known I would eventually be building an overland rig I would have gone the gladiator with a GFC camper route for sure.
I had an AluCab canopy camper on my JT for about two years and recently replaced it with just a canopy. We were not using it enough (~25 nights in 2022) to justify having it on all the time due to how it made the truck drive. If you camp a lot, they are great.

1831AC58-FB0A-4431-974C-248D1A6BA2C9.jpeg

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I had an AluCab canopy camper on my JT for about two years and recently replaced it with just a canopy. We were not using it enough (~25 nights in 2022) to justify having it on all the time due to how it made the truck drive. If you camp a lot, they are great.

Jeep Wrangler JL Utah recommendations 1831AC58-FB0A-4431-974C-248D1A6BA2C9
The solution isnā€™t to remove the camper but to camp more šŸ˜‚

To be fair the GFC is pretty comparable to a rack/RTT. The AluCab is practically a slide in camper, but damn if it isnā€™t a pretty one šŸ˜

Goodness sheā€™s pretty šŸ˜
Sponsored