Sponsored

using jscan and tazer mini

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Good info to know! Thank you. I just rec'd the Tazer JL Mini yesterday, and I have all the items necessary for the JSCAN ordered. The extension cable for the security gateway is going to save me a lot of mangled hands.
Yes, indeed, the security gateway extension cable is well worth the $. To me a must have... Saves your knuckles/hands, speeds connection process up and more..

https://www.zautomotive.com/product/z_sgw_ext/
Jeep Wrangler JL using jscan and tazer mini SGW-Extension-Cable
Sponsored

NeilP

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
RETIRED!
OP
OP
Atom631

Atom631

First Name
Atom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
@Rhinebeck01 so I activated the front cam through jscan. married the tazer and installed the front camera. it doesnt work. jscan creates an icon that says “front camera”. when I click it nothing happens. so I added the “cargo cam” through tazer. it creates the cargo cam icon. click that and the camera fired right up.

all seems good now. everything in. the only thing is I tried Tckill by holding the button, which worked. but now when I turn the jee on traction control is defaulted to off. in the manual it says turning on/off should reactive traction control. is there something else I need to do?

NeilP

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
RETIRED!
Question for you guys.

So far I have replaced the halogen headlights and fog lights. I used Rough Country RCH5100 LED headlights and Oracle LED fogs and soon will be replacing the halogen bulbs on the front turn signals and DRL's with Oracle LED bulbs.

Everything is working fine. No codes, no flickering etc. The manufacturers say that it isn't necessary to change any of the settings on the vehicle.

So.....I have the Tazer JL Mini and will soon be set up with the JSCAN. Should I make the changes to the vehicle so it knows I an running LED's, or just leave things as they are since everything seems to be OK?

Thanks in advance.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Question for you guys.

So far I have replaced the halogen headlights and fog lights. I used Rough Country RCH5100 LED headlights and Oracle LED fogs and soon will be replacing the halogen bulbs on the front turn signals and DRL's with Oracle LED bulbs.

Everything is working fine. No codes, no flickering etc. The manufacturers say that it isn't necessary to change any of the settings on the vehicle.

So.....I have the Tazer JL Mini and will soon be set up with the JSCAN. Should I make the changes to the vehicle so it knows I an running LED's, or just leave things as they are since everything seems to be OK?

Thanks in advance.
If it ain't broke don't fix it.... Leave it be.
Sponsored