Sponsored

USB ALWAYS ON?

Vaunswa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Maybe I'm premature on this but it appears all of my usb and usb-c ports stay on without ignition ON. I just bought that ottocast wireless carplay and the blue light stays on all the time.
Any option to turn off?
Sponsored

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Maybe I'm premature on this but it appears all of my usb and usb-c ports stay on without ignition ON. I just bought that ottocast wireless carplay and the blue light stays on all the time.
Any option to turn off?
I think in one of the other threads it was mentioned that it stays on for an hour with no way to adjust that.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Vaunswa

After ignition is set to off, ALL USB ports stay powered up for 60 mins.. At this time there is no way to set-up differently.

IF this is a problem, buy an On/Off data/power USB switch to use with your wireless car play dongle.

OP
OP

Vaunswa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
This isn’t a problem at all. 60 minutes won’t affect it then. Thanks for letting me know!

MidnightChef

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sahara Unlimited 4xe
This is incredibly annoying when you return home and the CarPlay adapter continues to connect to your phone preventing your phone from shifting to home Wi-Fi for an hour. Would be great to have an option to disable the USB when the car is turned off.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
This is incredibly annoying when you return home and the CarPlay adapter continues to connect to your phone preventing your phone from shifting to home Wi-Fi for an hour. Would be great to have an option to disable the USB when the car is turned off.
Yes, that continued connection attempt to your Apple smartphone is real "annoying".

An option would be to install and use a Power and Data ... Male to Female USB Cable Adapter with an On/Off Switch inline with your CarPlay adapter. (Cost $12+-)

You would flip the switch on the inline switch to off, when you exit your JL. When getting into the JL, your flip the switch to on.

Jeep Wrangler JL USB ALWAYS ON? 51mhIsFNpkL._SL1200_

MidnightChef

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sahara Unlimited 4xe
Yes, that continued connection attempt to your Apple smartphone is real "annoying".

An option would be to install and use a Power and Data ... Male to Female USB Cable Adapter with an On/Off Switch inline with your CarPlay adapter. (Cost $12+-)

You would flip the switch on the inline switch to off, when you exit your JL. When getting into the JL, your flip the switch to on.

Jeep Wrangler JL USB ALWAYS ON? 51mhIsFNpkL._SL1200_
I live in the country where there is minimal cell coverage. Not switching to voice over Wi-Fi immediately when I return home means dropped/missed calls for an hour. Since my home is also my office, this is untenable.

Great idea. I’m only 2 days into having the CarPlay adapter and was just planning to unplug, not ideal since I mounted it in the center con for port 2. This would save the USB port some wear.

Thanks.
Sponsored