eugene

eugene

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
Have been having the same issue. Works fine then starts to cut and come back. After 2 or 3 times, it won’t connect but will charge. Seems to me like a bad connection in the arm rest console, under dash one works fine. Will be taking it to the dealer at the weekend (also having the ESS issue so they can fix both at the same time hopefully)

I have gotten 3 new radios, all my connections checked, and a new rear camera, nothing has been solved.
Sponsored

DanFelix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
Was driving my Jeep and all of a sudden my CarPlay disconnects. I unplug and plug my
iPhone in and it charges but CarPlay doesn’t activate. I tried turning the car off and on, still nothing. I plug in USB 1 and it starts CarPlay. =(
I had this problem. It turned out to be the cable. I have no clue why a cable would make a difference, but it did. I changed cables then all worked as advertised. That was my experience.

jaben

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
My usb1 had stopped connecting to CarPlay. I took it to the dealer and they couldn’t figure out what was wrong. I did a reset on my phone and everything started working fine. Just recently USB2 stopped working with CarPlay. I have tried everything: disconnecting everything, reconnecting, waiting... it’s still not working. Oddly USB4 is not connecting to CarPlay either. Only USB1 and USB3 are connecting. But all four will charge my phone.
Exactly what mine does. Same ports don’t work.

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Disconnect your USB cable, then with the JL engine off and the start button in ACC mode (radio display on), remove and reinsert the fuses related to the radio and USB ports. Then start your JL. This fixed mine.

Sponsored

df007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0
I've been to my dealer three times for the same thing. USB1 works perfect so I know it's not a phone/ios/cable/radio issue. They updated software/reset the first visit. The second visit resulted in them deciding to order a new USB2 port. The third visit was installing the new USB2 port. Nothing has changed. I'm waiting for my next other need to go in about it again. Pretty sure it's got to be one of the two media hubs when looking at the wiring diagram. Seem like the USB chain is Radio->USB1 Media Hub->USB3 Media Hub->USB2 Port.

Before I went to the dealer I had tried all the DIY fixes I found in other threads.

My USB3 does not activate Carplay but my dealer says this is normal. To the OP...does your USB3 activate Carplay?

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I've been to my dealer three times for the same thing. USB1 works perfect so I know it's not a phone/ios/cable/radio issue. They updated software/reset the first visit. The second visit resulted in them deciding to order a new USB2 port. The third visit was installing the new USB2 port. Nothing has changed. I'm waiting for my next other need to go in about it again. Pretty sure it's got to be one of the two media hubs when looking at the wiring diagram. Seem like the USB chain is Radio->USB1 Media Hub->USB3 Media Hub->USB2 Port.

Before I went to the dealer I had tried all the DIY fixes I found in other threads.

My USB3 does not activate Carplay but my dealer says this is normal. To the OP...does your USB3 activate Carplay?

We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
JeepCares

df007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0
We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
JeepCares
Hi Alison,

I had already sent you my vehicle info in a PM, but have not heard back yet. Thanks

xtremejoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel
Did everyone get there issues sorted out?
New Jeep few weeks old. New iPhone 12. New cables.
USB1 works no problem both the USB-C and USB-A ports, but the USB2 or the one in the center console won't keep CarPlay going. Constant disconnect. Use the same cable on front ports and no issues.

df007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0
Did everyone get there issues sorted out?
New Jeep few weeks old. New iPhone 12. New cables.
USB1 works no problem both the USB-C and USB-A ports, but the USB2 or the one in the center console won't keep CarPlay going. Constant disconnect. Use the same cable on front ports and no issues.
Mine did get resolved. They changed both the USB2 port itself, which did not seem to fix the issue, then changed the rear media hub, and this fixed it. The next step was going to be the harness in the center console, but it never came to that.

I still have some random glitches, but the total drop of the USB2 is fixed.
Sponsored