p99887

First Name
p
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Hello,

This is my first post on this forum and I'm hoping to get some advice in regards to upgrading from the Alpine system. I'm not particularly happy with how it sounded stock, so my plan is to install the following:

Focal ES100K Front and Soundbar
Audison bit one DSP
JL Audio HD 900/5 Amp
JL Audio 10TW3-D4 Amp

Also have a JL HO112-W6V3 on order.

I'm debating between deleting the stock sub to run the HO112 or to keep the stock look and replace it with the TW3. This is where I hit a snag. After unbolting the 8 screws from the sub, I'm unable to pop it off. Does anyone know how the Alpine subwoofer comes out? I want to say there's a bolt in the back holding it down but would like to hear from those that have done this already.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I thought Quadratec did one one installing the JL sub but it's JK, maybe this will help with other upgrades if they don't talk about the sub. I skimmed it and he shows pulling off the dash for the tweeters, etc;

OP
OP
p99887

p99887

First Name
p
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Ah, that's a bit different. Looks like they're retrofitting a base system with an upgraded alpine. The sub shown in the video mounts behind the seat, whereas the sub I'm trying to pull out is in the right side cargo area. I have all my tweeters and woofers out already and fabricated mounts for the Focals already. Once I'm done, I can upload the STL files also... in case anyone wants to 3d print their own.

Edit. This video completely helped but with something else. I was going to have to poke a hole along side the main harness to run the power cable but it looks like there's a channel that'll let me fish some 8 or 4 ga through. THANK YOU

kingfi3511

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubcon Unlimited
I just special ordered my 2019 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon and I am having second thoughts about not upgrading to the Alpine System. Are the stock speakers seriously lacking or am I better off eventually replacing the speakers with upgrades?

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
I find the fully upgraded Alpine pretty damn good as it is stock, but I'm no audiophile.

Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Isn't the Alpine system a weather resistant system?

Bronx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sahara

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
The Alpine stock system sounds great. And yes it is water proof
Sponsored