Upgrades ideas -- too many options

BigRed23

First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
Hi jeep world, I own a JLU2020 and I really want to do some upgrades but is hard to make a solid idea because of too many choices.

Other things that make it harder for me is I only know extreme terrain, quadratec but I hope you guys can give me more websites out there.

I only have an idea of how it should looks but nothing in depth "hard core" lol.
Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Hi jeep world, I own a JLU2020 and I really want to do some upgrades but is hard to make a solid idea because of too many choices.

Other things that make it harder for me is I only know extreme terrain, quadratec but I hope you guys can give me more websites out there.

I only have an idea of how it should looks but nothing in depth "hard core" lol.
https://bfy.tw/QiH8

https://bfy.tw/QiHB

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
What are you looking to do? I would go wheeling and see what you feel needs upgrading first. If you're going after looks, go to 4 Wheel Parts or Jeepers Den on 50 going toward Titusville and drop down your credit card.

KrzybonesJLU

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU SPORT S, 2024 WILLY's
like the post above mine says, you’ve got to answer that question. The Jeep is pretty much ready out of box. So if you plan on jumping on a trail and getting into serious crawling bumper and winch would be start or wheels and suspension.

Last edited:

Sponsored

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Other than ordering direct from a manufacturer, such as Metalcloak, your best bet for Jeep parts (and I'm not talking about the ugly angry bird grilles and other doo-dad BS), Northridge4x4 has some of the best parts at the best prices. Their website is absolutely the best as it has real time stock information for each part. If a part isn't in stock, the web page gives a very accurate estimation of when it will ship. Northridge also offers a forum discount on many parts (jlwranglerforum is the code).

They have been in business for a long time and have several warehouses around the country for fast shipping. Their prices, selection, customer service, and knowledge are so much better than Quadratec, 4WP, etc.

I've yet to find a multi-manufacturer parts distributor as good as @Northridge4x4

OP
OP
BigRed23

BigRed23

First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
What are you looking to do? I would go wheeling and see what you feel needs upgrading first. If you're going after looks, go to 4 Wheel Parts or Jeepers Den on 50 going toward Titusville and drop down your credit card.
I haven't got the opportunity to go wheeling yet, but I like this looks
Jeep Wrangler JL Upgrades ideas -- too many options SmartSelect_20210412-075629_Pinterest

Sponsored

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Changing it for the sake of change is dumb. Take it off road and find what needs upgrading. You might be surprised that it needs nothing.

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler

Other things that make it harder for me is I only know extreme terrain, quadratec but I hope you guys can gInteriorive me more websites out there.

• There is no rush to you implementing things. It sounds like you have some vision of what you want your vehicle to look like and do beyond stock, but buying impetuously may cause you to have do buy the same thing twice. So look at the linked websites, all forum based for ideas. Use Google images and search for "modded Wrangers" as a starting point for ideas.
  • Recognize and accept that you may at first make some decisions that hindsight finds weren't ideal. It happens. Take care of the things you buy, and retain all the items in (and including the box) it came in so you can sell it used and use the money towards purchases of ideal things.
  • Similarly, considering use the used market to buy things that may have not been ideal to others but might be for you. Whether ebay, this forum or other places, it might be a good way to try an accessory, although caveat emptor (be a cautious buyer).
  • Make a speadsheet of your priorities and their cost. Sleep on it.
  • Don't fail to buy from analysis paralysis either, you can always sell.
Research:

Pictures, Build Journals, Vendors, Suspension, Steering, Chasis, Tires, Wheels, Brakes, Exterior Mods, Underbody, Cargo Carriers, Lights, Off Road, Electronics, Programmers, More off road

OP
OP
BigRed23

BigRed23

First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
Changing it for the sake of change is dumb. Take it off road and find what needs upgrading. You might be surprised that it needs nothing.
I get what you saying and that's why I'm not jumping to make it like I'm going to go an conquer the world, I live in Florida and I don't picture my self doing crazy things, I don't like mall jeeps, but I like to put parts that I would definitely have a use for as far as I can afford upgrades my fist choice is the soft top because I see my self using it alot, then I will go for the doors, then bumper, winch, bull bar and lights.
Sponsored