First Name
AC Abegian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Wrangler diesel Sahara Altitude , 94 MKIV
Occupation
Autobody , singer-songwriter
I have placed an order for a 2021 Jeep Wrangler Willy's Unlimited on October 29th, 2021. I have been checking daily with the dealer who advises they have no updated information. I contacted Jeep Online Chat and they state it is in the Scheduling Process which it has been for a month and a half. Is anyone else having this problem with getting updated information or have a way to get the most up to date information.
Hi. FYI. Your Jeep will be a ā€˜22 model. And I also placed my order mid Nov and order was accepted 12/2 and Iā€™m in the same boat. Just waiting
Sponsored

Jmos4

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Challenger Scat Pack M6/2007 Ram 2500 G56
Hi,

Ordered 11/29, 12-4 D status, as yesterday back in C status was told 6-8 weeks but who knows

Hopefully will see D1 soon but would expect older orders to move first.

Regards,
Jim

Overland Utah

First Name
Caden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I have tried to follow most of these "Ordered" threads, but they have gotten so convoluted with other posts I gave up. From what I have been reading and based on my order, I will offer my opinion.

I ordered a JLU Willys on December 8. It is currently on the train heading this way. How did I get mine built before all these people who ordered the exact same option Jeep in October?

1. October orders are just one of those months that got lost in the change over of model years. You should have gotten it in December but because of the switch over, you got lost.

2. Dealer ordering process. Maybe the dealer did not enter the correct code/codes.

Again, just my opinion. If it was me, I would cancel order and re-order.

KevinC
I work at a Jeep Dealer and am very familiar with the ordering process. I am sorry to say that you are incorrect with both assumptions. Your build was completed sooner than others simply because you got lucky in terms of what options, paint, trim, etc. was available at the factory.

Too many variables exist to have a clear answer on when a Jeep will be built, which is why they have very vague statuses. A build could be waiting on specific parts for an option, paint, engines, employee's, assembly line room, etc.

To the OP:

Do NOT cancel your order if you just plan to reorder again, as you will lose your protected price from back in OCTOBER which is likely 2-3k less than what a new order would be. Your order cannot get "lost" in their system and there are no "codes to enter" when ordering. If you have a POC with your name on it and a VON, it is placed.

Your dealer (and salesman) likely did not think through the build timeline of a 2022, as wranglers typically get built quickly (in 1-2 months) but with the model year change, holiday, and supply shortage I was quoting 3-4 month build times in October.

TheNewGuy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 door
I work at a Jeep Dealer and am very familiar with the ordering process. I am sorry to say that you are incorrect with both assumptions. Your build was completed sooner than others simply because you got lucky in terms of what options, paint, trim, etc. was available at the factory.

Too many variables exist to have a clear answer on when a Jeep will be built, which is why they have very vague statuses. A build could be waiting on specific parts for an option, paint, engines, employee's, assembly line room, etc.

To the OP:

Do NOT cancel your order if you just plan to reorder again, as you will lose your protected price from back in OCTOBER which is likely 2-3k less than what a new order would be. Your order cannot get "lost" in their system and there are no "codes to enter" when ordering. If you have a POC with your name on it and a VON, it is placed.

Your dealer (and salesman) likely did not think through the build timeline of a 2022, as wranglers typically get built quickly (in 1-2 months) but with the model year change, holiday, and supply shortage I was quoting 3-4 month build times in October.
Yeah......orders dont get "lost".
Unfortunately there is a lot more to it than which month you ordered since they don't build them in sequence

Blanco802

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler

To the OP:

My dealer also quoted me 3-4 months as well and great point on the price protection. While painful to wait while others may be taking delivery, just need to remain patient.

Sponsored

Overland Utah

First Name
Caden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah......orders dont get "lost".
Unfortunately there is a lot more to it than which month you ordered since they build them in sequence
While I am not sure what their procedure is for determining the build order, it seems to be the equivalent of drawing out of a hat.

Lusimo

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw x3, Honda civic si
Occupation
Electrician
I ordered 10/14 been in d status since end of Nov beg of dec found out today my jeep in is trim from JC. I thought forsure this would never happened since I was part of this oct curse wondering ehats going on. So theres still hope. I also have a SOT which some people thought they weren't getting built.

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
While I am not sure what their procedure is for determining the build order, it seems to be the equivalent of drawing out of a hat.
I bet there's no individual at the plant that could tell you exactly why one order is built before another. The build order is probably determined by the production scheduling software sitting there sorting through thousands of permutations and allocating resources to get the largest number of units built in a given amount of time.

Slaw32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 willy's sport
I ordered Nov 5th , was told at point of order to not expect it untill april . Thinking I'll wait till then and then some ....

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
As a fella who recently waited 15 weeks (Jun - Oct) for my '21, here are some facts I can offer.

ā€¢ Last year we exhaustively discussed every conceivable theory on order build sequence and still didn't figure it out.

Trim level, options, color, etc. Just when it looked like a pattern was developing, it would fall apart.

No one anywhere seems to know the reasoning. Like someone mentioned, there is most likely some pretty heavy duty software that figures it out.

ā€¢ It is INFURIATING to watch other virtually identical orders to yours delivered in 4 weeks while your order rots in D, week after week after week. I had to stop looking at Crypto cause it was giving me ulcers.

ā€¢ I know a lot of you peeps ordered in October. It must be especially irritating that you are still in D while some December orders are on a truck to the dealer. I know on my '21 order at 12 weeks in, it was driving me nuts and the anger was building up.

That said, you know '22 production started December 16 (I think). By coincidence that is the day I ordered my '22.

So while you have been waiting since October, you have really been waiting since mid-Dec, not that it helps much.

ā€¢ I'm at a skosh over 5 weeks, still in D, and am starting to get a bit anxious. This is because I know, all to well, that even if I D1 on Monday it will still most likely be at least another 5 or 6 weeks before it arrives, and that is best case. Been there, done that, did NOT get a shirt. šŸ˜

ā€¢ Let's all hope there are no more plant shutdowns and we are all cruisin by the time decent weather hits.

Sponsored

pjmills2020

First Name
Pamela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Ram 2500
I ordered 9/16 and it says built, and released for shipping but I still don't have it :( I'm approaching 22 weeks with no ETA