Sponsored

Do you guys get updates on your order from your dealership?

Brsox

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019. 4Runner TRD PRO
When I ordered my Wrangler in April, my salesman told me how he checks his orders every day so he always knows the status. He said he would give me updates along the way. He has my cell phone number for calls or texts and also has my email. How many updates have I received?? ZERO! I've been following my order, myself, through the Jeep order tracker. Estimated date of arrival at my dealership is July 22nd. That's next week. Just to see what would happen, I went on the dealership website and entered my trade info to get a trade value (they use KBB through their website). Got a form email saying they received my info and someone would be contacting me. Guess what? No one did. And I have a very desirable trade. Could it be that, with the tread lightly discount and rebates, my price is $4500 off sticker and they are hoping I changed my mind so they can sell it at MSRP+? Is this totally normal and I'm a crazy conspiracy theorist? Have you guys been hearing from your salesman along the way?

212619A5-33BF-4040-AE8B-A01551B38ABA.png

BD57012C-84D6-4F66-9CD8-BD52282CCE05.jpeg
Sponsored

jeninchicago

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Unlimited
That sucks. My dealer texts me every Wednesday. Even when there aren't any updates. And from January until mid June, every week was the same..... "nothing yet, Jen". LOL

But now that I have a build date, the updates get a little more exciting.

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
I think you’re being a little crazy yes. So… he’s not reached out to you AND you haven’t reached out to him?

OP
OP
Brsox

Brsox

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019. 4Runner TRD PRO
That sucks. My dealer texts me every Wednesday. Even when there aren't any updates. And from January until mid June, every week was the same..... "nothing yet, Jen". LOL

But now that I have a build date, the updates get a little more exciting.
Yeah. It's weird. I know Wednesdays are his day off so I think I'm gonna go in tomorrow when I know he's not there and just deal with the sales manager as far as cementing final price and trade value. I'll just sidestep him as he hasn't taken the time to send along even one update.

OP
OP
Brsox

Brsox

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019. 4Runner TRD PRO
I think you’re being a little crazy yes. So… he’s not reached out to you AND you haven’t reached out to him?
No, you're right. I haven't reached out to him. But...I'm the customer. Isn't it his job to reach out to me? I'm purchasing a product. I shouldn't have to chase them for updates. He specifically told me how he likes to stay on it and checks his orders every single day. I would have thought I'd have received a text or two. That's why I'm wondering if this is normal. I've ordered other vehicles in the past and always received updates along the way.

Sponsored

laroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe
Good dealers and salesmen keep their customers up to date. Mine did. You should definitely reach out...

Tethmes

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLWS
Occupation
Management
Mine kept me up to date, but I always knew before he texted me. But the most important text "Your Wranger has arrived!", never came. I texted him asking about an update knowing that it was delivered, and it turns out he had sent the text to the wrong person. Whoops! So I'm sure that was an awkward conversation when they arrived to pick up their wrangler and it wasn't there! 😅

boomersooner

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Unlimited Rubicon (On Order)
I would reach out to my dealer once a month. Even when I would get an update from JC, I would check in with the dealer to verify. I got an update from them the other day to inform me that mine was built.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Brsox

Brsox

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019. 4Runner TRD PRO
maybe he doesn't work there anymore...
Possible. He was an older guy, as well. I emailed him this morning but haven't gotten a response. Very strange because, as a salesman, I would think that good communication would be your best tool. Now I'm wondering if he's ok. I'm gonna go there tomorrow.

FancyGirl

First Name
Missy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sahara Unlimited
No, you're right. I haven't reached out to him. But...I'm the customer. Isn't it his job to reach out to me? I'm purchasing a product. I shouldn't have to chase them for updates. He specifically told me how he likes to stay on it and checks his orders every single day. I would have thought I'd have received a text or two. That's why I'm wondering if this is normal. I've ordered other vehicles in the past and always received updates along the way.
Mine told me the same thing but so far I have been the one to check in with him.

Rizzo44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500, 2022 JLUR
Mine said the same thing about updating me. Except for ONE time, I have had to email me, didn't even send me my VON. He has contacted us first once in June when he had an alleged build date. (FYI-Ordered in April... still hasn't started being built). It's annoying!

Deleted member 59498

I got weekly from my dealer once it started in framing. That and bugging Jeep chat from time to time.

Yzfguy

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand cherokee , wrangler JLU Willys
Mine told me I could expect weekly updates. Turns out, I am the one texting weekly. My build was finished June 20, delivery date July 6. No Jeep yet. I know people ha e waited a lot longer, but it's getting aggravating.
Sponsored