Do you guys get updates on your order from your dealership?

Morrepe

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Willys 2DR
Koons in VA has an email you can send status request to and they respond pretty promptly with a screen shot of the status screen they see. I.e., you get the letter status and dates, etc. as it appears on their system. Pretty straightforward experience with them so far.

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR) / 2010 CZ4A Evolution X GSR
Got my VON from the dealer and that's been it so far. Still no VIN or any updates, or even a copy of the POC.

Jim1964

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
My dealer never ONCE originated a communication.

And when I would go there in person, twice the manager told me he would call back within a day with an update. Never followed through.

After the expiration of our agreed on delivery date I got my deposit back and bought from inventory elsewhere.

Buster1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘51 M38
My dealer showed me the ‘pizza tracker’ website, and said call anytime. Which I do. Every time I call they are very helpful and give me an update.

N8TVTXN

First Name
Raymona
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Jeep Wrangler Sport; Ordered a 2023 JLUR
No, you're right. I haven't reached out to him. But...I'm the customer. Isn't it his job to reach out to me? I'm purchasing a product. I shouldn't have to chase them for updates. He specifically told me how he likes to stay on it and checks his orders every single day. I would have thought I'd have received a text or two. That's why I'm wondering if this is normal. I've ordered other vehicles in the past and always received updates along the way.
I don't get anything from my dealer either unless I reach out. Which I did on Wednesday (week 14 and counting since order) and got nothing but a - I'm headed to work and will check - but never heard back.

I've never received any of the Jeep Wave emails with VIN/VON either. Sigh

And you are right, you're the customer they should be reaching out to you. Customer service is dead in this world.

Reactions: AFD

Hearhear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus, 392 XR Wrangler
Do you guys get updates on your order from your dealership?

1659732115781.jpeg

Not me. Had a good deal with them dollar wise, but as far as getting updates on my order I had to initiate the call every time. And your dealer is really the best source of info unless you personally know someone at the factory. If your salesman acts annoyed just speak with the sales manager, they were very helpful with my update requests.

Mocopo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLURXR
Build Thread
Link
Thanks for the reminder, just texted my sales guy to get an update.... as expected, no change....

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
When I had ordered mine, I would send emails to a few people that the sales manager cc'ed in the original email and I would usually get a response in a about 15 minutes depending on how busy they were.

Pinky Tuscadero

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Pink RHD Wrangler 2015 RHD Wrangler
About the same..... promises, promises......... then nothing

Nitehawk92

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Sahara, 2014 Mazda3, 2020 Kia Soul
My dealer never ONCE originated a communication.

And when I would go there in person, twice the manager told me he would call back within a day with an update. Never followed through.

After the expiration of our agreed on delivery date I got my deposit back and bought from inventory elsewhere.
You should not leave the stealership with out an update. Anybody there should be able to give you an update, or find somebody who can. It is not just your salesman that can get it. ANY decent stealership should be willing to give you an update if you are standing there with them.

Rubitrux