Under seat powered sub questions

DEdney1775

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0 Sport
A couple weeks ago, I lost my Rockville Audio powered sub when my Jeep sat out in the rain topless.
Now, I'm looking to replace it, and the price for the same exact unit on Amazon has more than doubled!!!
The dimensions were perfect for under the front seat, with just a little bit sticking out behind the seat.
It was 11" deep and 12.5" wide. Now, I'm having a hard time finding a sub with similar dimensions.. Anybody have any suggestions?
Also, if I get a different brand sub, I see a lot of them with this outlet. What would I plug into this?
Jeep Wrangler JL Under seat powered sub questions Screenshot_20210909-082352_Amazon Shoppin
Sponsored

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

It's for tapping into the speaker wires for a signal if you don't have RCA style output on your head unit. It's been a while since I've done a custom audio install, but check Crutchfield.com for vehicle specific solutions. I know MTX makes some great vehicle specific solutions as well.

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
You’ll want a 6-pin speaker level connector. I was also going to suggest Crutchfield and they’ll help you out well!

OP
OP
DEdney1775

DEdney1775

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0 Sport
Not having much luck for the size under the seat. Looks like 13.25" is max width, & they're either too long or too wide. Lol.
What about mounting one inside the rear cargo tub? Would it get too hot? Would the sound quality fall way off?
For me, hidden is a fairly high priority because of where I live and how often I drive with the top and doors off.
I've also considered a sub in the rear that can be easily removed at my convenience, just not sure how I'd fasten it down.

Daffydnbugs

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler RUBICON
I had a kicker 10" Hideaway I used for awhile. Had it sitting under rear seats. I didn't fasten it down and it never went anywhere. When I would take doors off I would just unhook it and leave it at home depending on where I was going.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DEdney1775

DEdney1775

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0 Sport
I had a kicker 10" Hideaway I used for awhile. Had it sitting under rear seats. I didn't fasten it down and it never went anywhere. When I would take doors off I would just unhook it and leave it at home depending on where I was going.
What about when you fold those seats down? They go all the way to the floor. Is the bottom of the seats soft enough to sit on the sub?

Daffydnbugs

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler RUBICON
What about when you fold those seats down? They go all the way to the floor. Is the bottom of the seats soft enough to sit on the sub?
Would have to pull the sub out when seats went down. I have since switched to a down firing sub in the cargo space. I also have a Slipstream on the back to keep it safe.
Sponsored