Uconnect update problems

Gron86

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Did the uconnect update last night, now my backup camera has no guidance lines. I went into the setting menu verified guidance lines options is on.
Anyone else with this problem ?
Sponsored

drummerchick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR, Sting-Gray
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, me too. @JeepCares, is there a fix for this?

OP
OP
Gron86

Gron86

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Glad I’m not the only one. Yes I would like to hear what jeepcare has to say about this issue.

Today I also noticed something odd. My fuel tank was almost empty I got a message on the dash screen but no sound or beep/ alert. Is this normal?
Usually all cars will alert you with a dash message/icon & a audio alert.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Did the uconnect update last night, now my backup camera has no guidance lines. I went into the setting menu verified guidance lines options is on.
Anyone else with this problem ?
People have reported the guidance lines returning a day or 2 after the update.

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
My guidelines have vanished as well. I toggled them in settings and they still won't show up.

They disappeared right after the update on Saturday.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gron86

Gron86

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I’m happy to say my gudience lines came back today too, I was getting worried.

Simplejl, give it a day or two. Try cycling the ignition on/off a few times.

drummerchick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR, Sting-Gray
Vehicle Showcase
Mine are back. Ran some errands around town, and on the 4th startup they were there. I hope this won't be an intermittent problem.

kculp

First Name
KEN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU
Occupation
Professor in the health sciences
Vehicle Showcase
I still have my backup lines, lost all phone pairing so have to do that over. I don't see any ghosting (was reported by some)... I think this is only for the folks with the 8.4 in screen or eligible infotainment models... that might explain why some don't have the update, but I don't know for sure.

se7en

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon X / Zynith / 3.6 Auto / SOT / XR
I don't think this is an issue, per se, but thought I'd share, anyway. It may even be considered an improvement.

I have the 8.4" screen and proximity entry, BTW, so this may not apply to everyone.

You know when you grab the handle to open the door and the screen turns on and shows the JEEP startup screen, even if its locked and you don't have the key? (I remember reading that a several people found this to be an issue, because anybody walking by could turn on your screen just by touching the handle). Well, it doesn't do that anymore after the update...at least mine doesn't. In fact, I don't think the screens turns on at all until the push button start is activated, now. I could be wrong, and will have to check further...I have noticed that something is different about that interaction, though, for sure.

mat071975

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Glad I’m not the only one with the guidelines issue. I updated on Monday, and today (Wednesday) still coming up the same way. Hope they come back soon.

Is anyone else having issues turning off their radio while backing up (back-up camera is turned on)?

Sponsored

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think this is an issue, per se, but thought I'd share, anyway. It may even be considered an improvement.

I have the 8.4" screen and proximity entry, BTW, so this may not apply to everyone.

You know when you grab the handle to open the door and the screen turns on and shows the JEEP startup screen, even if its locked and you don't have the key? (I remember reading that a several people found this to be an issue, because anybody walking by could turn on your screen just by touching the handle). Well, it doesn't do that anymore after the update...at least mine doesn't. In fact, I don't think the screens turns on at all until the push button start is activated, now. I could be wrong, and will have to check further...I have noticed that something is different about that interaction, though, for sure.
I always did find that annoying... and I think mine still wakes up after I either open a door or the swing gate. If the update keeps the screen off, great. I'll check it out. Thanks for posting this...

After checking, it seems random....sometimes the startup screen "wakes up" when I open the swing gate, sometimes it doesn't.

Last edited:

grady2hig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna XLE 4WD
I had mine after the update.... now all the sudden a few days later they're gone. wtf

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Is this update only for the 8.4 ?

Kadonny