Cougar8000

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 4door
Cmarez93,

did you get this resolved? I have the same issue on my 18 JLU and no, no chemicals and no nails were applied like some suggested
Sponsored

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
Mine was showing some delamination, installed glass screen protector and no longer see delamination, screen seems to have better clarity.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Did you ever get this resolved? I recently bought a used Jeep thats still under warranty and the screen looks like this:
x1kD4f4.jpg
What you're seeing here is the oleophobic coating on the screen coming off. Unfortunately, Jeep won't replace this kind of damage under warranty. They'll cover screen delamination, but they'll consider this general wear and tear.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Mine is delaminating, but is scratch free after 3 years. I did put a Mopar screen protector on it early on, so I'd highly recommend that for anyone whose screen is not yet scratched. It did its job well and was cheap. I think $15 bucks for two of them. The one was almost 2.75 years old and was perfect when I peeled it off. I peeled it because I at first thought the delamination was a scratch on either the protector or the screen underneath.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine is delaminating, but is scratch free after 3 years. I did put a Mopar screen protector on it early on, so I'd highly recommend that for anyone whose screen is not yet scratched. It did its job well and was cheap. I think $15 bucks for two of them. The one was almost 2.75 years old and was perfect when I peeled it off. I peeled it because I at first thought the delamination was a scratch on either the protector or the screen underneath.
Apparently, the screen delamination is a manufacturing defect over at LG and is still a problem well into the 2020 model year. A new version of the display component has been produced that fixes this and is just now starting to make its way into vehicles.

I got my UConnect replaced from an update failure that bricked the device, but the replacement unit's screen (built in late 2019) started delaminating about a week after I got it. Whatever adhesive they use for these things apparently succumbs to the heat produced by the display. Mine started very small in the top left corner, but a good 20% of that area of the entire display is now separated.

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Apparently, the screen delamination is a manufacturing defect over at LG and is still a problem well into the 2020 model year. A new version of the display component has been produced that fixes this and is just now starting to make its way into vehicles.

I got my UConnect replaced from an update failure that bricked the device, but the replacement unit's screen (built in late 2019) started delaminating about a week after I got it. Whatever adhesive they use for these things apparently succumbs to the heat produced by the display. Mine started very small in the top left corner, but a good 20% of that area of the entire display is now separated.
I'm happy to wait. Mine is not terrible and I can only really see it when the screen is off. I know it will get worse, but I've got time, unless they decide they want to do it under the 36k warranty. If not, I've got the lifetime with $200 deductible. If I use that, I'll wait until I can be sure to get the new one.

Do you have a part number on the new one, or do they not distinguish it like that?

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you have a part number on the new one, or do they not distinguish it like that?
Unfortunately, I don't. However, I'm sending my unit in to get it installed and once I get it back, I'll check to see if I can find one.

Borismd

First Name
Boris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wangler
Hi @Cmarez93
We are sorry to see that this is happening to your touchscreen! If you decide to address this with your dealer, please send us a private message and we would be happy to assist in resolving this for you.

Kathryn
JeepCares
I am having a similar issue and the dealer is looking into this but not hopeful as the advisor was skeptic🙁

AB2B6806-5C33-4962-B38F-EECD1F94CAA2.jpeg

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

garykk

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Occupation
Retired
Yes but Mopar is not a Chinese company.
So you would rather pay Mopar more for the same product so Mopar can make more money? And by the way Stellantis has Chinese partners.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I am having a similar issue and the dealer is looking into this but not hopeful as the advisor was skeptic🙁

Jeep Wrangler JL UConnect screen wear AB2B6806-5C33-4962-B38F-EECD1F94CAA2
Hi Borismd,
Sorry to hear you're experiencing this! Since there are no active recalls in regard to touchscreens at the moment, this would be something that would be handled accordingly under the applicable warranty. Your dealer is equipped with the resources to properly diagnose the concern and appropriately apply the terms of your warranty. To learn more about your warranty, please visit Official Mopar Site | Current Model Year Coverage .

If you decide to proceed with getting your Uconnect touchscreen fixed, you can certainly hold onto your receipts/repair orders. In the case that this becomes a recalled item in the future, you are more than welcome to reach out to our team in regard to cost assistance, at that time.

Sarah
Jeep Cares

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So you would rather pay Mopar more for the same product so Mopar can make more money? And by the way Stellantis has Chinese partners.
Nope. Just pointing out a fact.

Fact #2. Having Chinese partners doesn't make them a Chinese company.

Acme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sahara Altitude V6
The screen on my 2019 is all messed up too. I thought it was oil residue from my fingers, then tried to clean it with a microfiber cloth just to realize the coating is scratched and it looks like a cheap POS. I'm not happy...

Did anyone installed a protector over that shit? Does it "hide" it or it's just a waste of money and time?

I think it's possible to restore the oleophobic coating with a liquid application (it is for phone and tablets so I guess it would work on our screens), then put a screen protector over... but I don't know how risky it is...
Sponsored