Cmarez93

First Name
Caybren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep jl
C5014819-D68C-4C08-BD80-A9A12CCC64BD.jpeg

Hello I have a 2018 JL Sahara under factory warranty still. I noticed my screen was showing considerable wear on the surface. I’ve never used any kind of cleaning solution just a dry microfiber rag. This seems like excessive wear on a product on a vehicle that is still under warranty. Has this normal or other users and has anyone has it replaced under warranty.
Sponsored

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72BlazerCrawler 72Blazer12V 88SBDuramax 18JLUR
Occupation
SLP
I just had my screen replaced because it was delaminating under warranty. That looks more like wear’n’tear. How often were you wiping ir down? That looks pretty bad.

OP
OP
Cmarez93

Cmarez93

First Name
Caybren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep jl
I just had my screen replaced because it was delaminating under warranty. That looks more like wear’n’tear. How often were you wiping ir down? That looks pretty bad.
I’ve only had the car less than a year, and never used the upper section so I’m not sure why it’s showing wear there. I use carplay and only really touch the bottom of my screen. And I’ve maybe wiped it down twice. I did just have the rust bubbles under my paint repaired and they detailed the car afterward. I hadn’t noticed the wear until I picked it up. I’m wondering if one of the solutions damaged the screen.

Sponsored

clayps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Wrangler Sport
This looks like delaminating to me, but in a different way than most. Most you see large sections delaminating. This to me looks like small bubbles of delaminating across the whole screen.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL

Hello I have a 2018 JL Sahara under factory warranty still. I noticed my screen was showing considerable wear on the surface. I’ve never used any kind of cleaning solution just a dry microfiber rag. This seems like excessive wear on a product on a vehicle that is still under warranty. Has this normal or other users and has anyone has it replaced under warranty.
Hi @Cmarez93
We are sorry to see that this is happening to your touchscreen! If you decide to address this with your dealer, please send us a private message and we would be happy to assist in resolving this for you.

Kathryn
JeepCares

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72BlazerCrawler 72Blazer12V 88SBDuramax 18JLUR
Occupation
SLP
It wont help now, but they make screen protectors. I put one on when I got the Jeep and it's still like new.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/media-center-screen-protector-jeep-wrangler-jl-84-screen
I found this one on amazon:

CDEFG for 2018 2019 2020 Wrangler JL/ 2020 Gladiator JT Center Control Touchscreen Navigation Touch Screen Protector, HD Clear Tempered Glass 9H Scratch Resistance (8.4IN Anti Blue-Ray) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07X9SY88J/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fab_eemGFbTQEV2QV

$10 versus $27 with taxes/ shipping with Quadrashipforever. I know I’ll get it Wednesday. Who knows when I’ll get my order from Quadratec

Sponsored

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
It looks like someone cleaned the screen with chemicals, more than once. Possibly at a car wash?? Also, it looks like someone(a wife/girlfriend) is using fingernails on the screen.

Destron

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2 Door Rubicon
Occupation
Information Tech
Did you ever get this resolved? I recently bought a used Jeep thats still under warranty and the screen looks like this:
x1kD4f4.jpg

X99104

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR, 88 YJ, 78 CJ-7 304
Did you ever get this resolved? I recently bought a used Jeep thats still under warranty and the screen looks like this:
Jeep Wrangler JL UConnect screen wear x1kD4f4
Amazon screen protector 9H glass may hide that well. I tend to use the same stuff I clean my eyeglasses with to prevent.

blkvirus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Wrangler JLUR
I was surprised when I found out that Mopar offered a screen protector.... now I see why 😞 crazy how easily these screens can wear

Mikefly562

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU in Granite Crystal Metallic

I read somewhere that many people are having issues with their infotainment screens this year, and the article suggested that it might be due to all the chemicals in the hand sanitizer that people are using, and that the hand sanitizer is causing damage...not sure if this is true or not, but interesting theory though.
Sponsored