Uconnect/rear camera glitch

Jwagon

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
It’s been mentioned before but just in case you missed it. There is a glitch if you switch to reverse very quickly after starting the vehicle. It throws the uconnect into a bitch fit. The soft reset does not fix it. It fixes itself after it’s turned off for 20-30 minutes.

upload_2018-4-5_11-53-3.jpeg
I too have experienced the incredible disappearing backup camera trick. The "let it sit for 20 min then wait til Uconnect screen appears before shifting" mentioned above fixed it for me - thanks for the recommendation. I'll just have to be more patient before shifting into gear or we get an over the air update. Cheers y'all.
Sponsored

WTFSoCal

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
JLU 2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Network/Systems Engineer
I too have experienced the incredible disappearing backup camera trick. The "let it sit for 20 min then wait til Uconnect screen appears before shifting" mentioned above fixed it for me - thanks for the recommendation. I'll just have to be more patient before shifting into gear or we get an over the air update. Cheers y'all.
Happened to me this afternoon returning to work from lunch... Funny thing is, I was giving my boss a ride and showing off my new JL Rubi, and I said "watch this" hit the back up camera... and Nothing... He was like...and what is supposed to happen?
I was convinced some one had stolen the camera :) LOL

sfadchi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Bright White JLUR
Occupation
Corporate Recruiter
The same thing happened to me. Got it on video! Pretty fed up with "Jeep Cares" after they decided they wanted to be no help with the Soft Top Window bag.

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
I had the same issue today. Got in the jeep started it, tossed it in reverse. No back up camera. Glad the proximity sensor beeped still.

The back up camera would not turn on putting in park waiting then reverse. The back up camera would not turn on using the app in uconnect either.

I did a full reboot with tazer and it was fine after.

AggieJeepGuy

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (replaced 2007 JKUR); 2016 Durango Brass Monkey edition; 2011 Expedition; 2002 Trans Am WS6 6spd
Vehicle Showcase
I haven’t really worried about that since it started working the next day again...only happened once to me
And just experienced this myself tonight. Unfortunately it was while I had my newly learners permitted daughter out for her first official driving experience/lesson. Lesson here was tech is great, but it doesn’t replace you looking and knowing what to do! Guess I will see in the morning if I have a backup camera again.
Sponsored