plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
So today my UConnect acted up when I was backing out of a parking lot. The rear park sensors started to beep when I was closed to another object, but when I shifted into drive, the beep sound won't stop.

I drove with that beep sound for 5 minutes, stopped the Jeep and waited for 5 minutes and turned it back on. The beep sound still existed, it almost looked like it is a part of the sound system. If I mute the radio/media, it will go away but as soon as I unmute, it comes right back, which you can see and hear in this video.

I tried to restore to default in the setting menu, no good. Tried to access the "secret engineeing menu" by simultaneously pressing temp up and down, no good. Pressed VR and phone buttons to reset, no good. Based on information here, it seems UConnect update basically killed these ways of reset. Turned parksense and BLIS on and off, won't work.

So I drove home with radio muted, and I pulled the "F11" fuse out, let it sit for 5 minutes and turned the car back on. The UConnect did reboot and the sound finally gone.

I did some internet research on cars with similar UConnect setup (GC, Ram, etc.) It seems this is not an uncommon probelm. The lesson of the day is that the fuse pull is the most effective way to reset UConnect, unless you happen to have a Tazer programmer.

UConnect works like a computer OS, and glitches and bugs like a computer OS.
Sponsored

cbournis

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
So today my UConnect acted up when I was backing out of a parking lot. The rear park sensors started to beep when I was closed to another object, but when I shifted into drive, the beep sound won't stop.

I drove with that beep sound for 5 minutes, stopped the Jeep and waited for 5 minutes and turned it back on. The beep sound still existed, it almost looked like it is a part of the sound system. If I mute the radio/media, it will go away but as soon as I unmute, it comes right back, which you can see and hear in this video.

I tried to restore to default in the setting menu, no good. Tried to access the "secret engineeing menu" by simultaneously pressing temp up and down, no good. Pressed VR and phone buttons to reset, no good. Based on information here, it seems UConnect update basically killed these ways of reset. Turned parksense and BLIS on and off, won't work.

So I drove home with radio muted, and I pulled the "F11" fuse out, let it sit for 5 minutes and turned the car back on. The UConnect did reboot and the sound finally gone.

I did some internet research on cars with similar UConnect setup (GC, Ram, etc.) It seems this is not an uncommon probelm. The lesson of the day is that the fuse pull is the most effective way to reset UConnect, unless you happen to have a Tazer programmer.

I tried the fuse pull but radio never reset.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@cbournis

You must not have pulled the right fuse then. You pull the F11 fuse and the radio will reboot. The reboot may not correct and issue you are having but the radio will reboot.

Jl-SSBS

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl

I’m currently having the same issue with mine. We’re you able to fix it or did you have to take it in?
Thanks!
Sponsored