Sponsored

Uconnect 8.4 Screen Delamination

Gus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler 2018 JLU Rubicon
Hi
@JeepCares I am having the same issue, I had Mopar screen protection on my 8.4” jlur2018 with 5 year extended warranty. I thought the issue was caused from the screen protector
so I didn’t bother to remove it as I had when I decided to replace the protector I removed the old one and I noticed the screen was delaminated. And obviously my extended warranty had expired back on March 2023.
took it to the dealer and I was told is a very common and well known issue and Chrysler are aware of it , and might be able to cover it as goodwill
under the warranty as my jeep has 77k km on it. .

i would appreciated if Chrysler can honor it as good will and cover it under the extended warranty
Sponsored

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
Help!

I'll try to post here first. The bubbles in my screen never hurt the operation of my radio so I just ignored them. This summer we drove south, and it seemed like more humid days, the screen would get random presses. So I bought a new digitizer but it became a side project.

Last week it rained in Michigan and the radio was completely unusable, random presses constantly, I had to eventually just leave it on "off road pages". So this past weekend I did the digitizer, and the results were less than stellar and I need help.

Got the screen clean, acetone and rubbing alcohol made quick work of the glue. It looks great. Put new digitizer on and reassembled everything. But when using the screen, the bottom 1/2 of the screen is extremely unresponsive, or it double clicks. Then other times it seems almost okay. The problem always seems to be the bottom 1/2 of the screen.

Is it a bad digitizer? Did I mess up connecting the ribbon cable? Does the screen need calibration (temp up + temp down + enter does not go to that screen anymore)?

I had put on a new screen protector, but took it off, no change. Oddly though I do see a little spec or something down low on the screen, about an inch up, smack in the middle L to R. I know both surfaces were super clean, but could the digitizer be touching the screen? Could that have all the effects I am seeing?

HELP! At this point my options I think are:
1. Retry current digitizer, take it off, redo ribbon, new edge tape.
2. New New digitizer
3. Spend the $300 on a new screen unit
4. Go aftermarket, get some new bells and whistles ($12-1500)

Any ideas guys, I am at a real loss as to what could be the problem, hate to keep tossing money at it (right now it hasn't been much, I admit).