First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangled jl sport
Occupation
Retired, School bus driver
Very happy with our 2.0 . In last 8 months since we bought . I have 11,000 on the 2.0 and only about 1000 on our F-150 with 3.5 EcoBoost. Lots of power and acceleration.
Sponsored

SeanPDX

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
So I’m assuming I’ll be trading in my 2018 for a 2020 as soon as the sarge color comes out. I have had the 3.6 on the last three wranglers. I see now that the 2.0 will be a cheaper option than the 3.6 in the future. I’ve driven both, consider them about equal, but am curious how the Current owners are liking it. Have you had any issues related specifically to it? When I bout my current JL, the 2.0 was delayed because they caught fire randomly. So this is where my fear starts... thoughts?
No regrets on mine. Just came back from a 1,000 mile road trip. Averaged over 26.5 mpg. And was fun to boot!

leolo222

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
The fires were related to the BSG system. The 2.0 w/ BSG is only available on Sahara staring 2020.

Just took delivery of our 2019 Sahara with 2.0l w/ BSG and with only about 500 miles on it, we're pretty happy. The engine is very responsive from a stop and seems to have more than enough on the highway. The automatic seems way better than what was in the 2016 Cherokee we traded in. I am more than a little concerned about the overall complexity, but we typically trade in cars after 3 years so anything bad will be under warranty.

jayteal

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon; 2018 JLUR; 2004 TJ
My daily is a JLUR with the 3.6 and I was able to rent a JLUS last week for a business trip and it had the turbo. It was quick, had stupid fast acceleration on the highway for a Jeep and got about 25mpg. Granted I used 93 octane which probably negates the savings from the mpg but overall I was impressed. It's definitely louder and that fan is annoying but it was a lot of fun to drive. I wish I had that kind of torque on my 3.6

Sponsored

Harleexl

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS 4xe Sting Gray
Occupation
Automotive
The fires were related to the BSG system. The 2.0 w/ BSG is only available on Sahara staring 2020.

So just select any other trim level and your good.
As another member stated, the fires were a component issue related to the BSG high voltage cable on Pre-production vehicles which was quickly corrected.
I have a 19 JLU Sport with 2.0 w/BSG and love it. I agree the sound of the engine is not anywhere as good as the v6, but hey it's fun!

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
I would wait and drive one before deciding. There is no comparison yet as the 2.0 eTorque is not available yet.

jameslavis

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Unlimited Sport S
Depends on your use. 25mpg combined in my 2.0 but I Don’t crawl. Gas mileage matters most to my world.

GenaL

First Name
Gena
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S 2.0 2-door (Firecracker Red)
I am 98% happy with my 2.0. What I did not realize when I bought it, is that it would need premium gas. That part I am not happy about. But damn doe it pick up speed fast. And I much prefer the quiet engine I have over the noisy 3.6.

Married2MyJeep

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
So I’m assuming I’ll be trading in my 2018 for a 2020 as soon as the sarge color comes out. I have had the 3.6 on the last three wranglers. I see now that the 2.0 will be a cheaper option than the 3.6 in the future. I’ve driven both, consider them about equal, but am curious how the Current owners are liking it. Have you had any issues related specifically to it? When I bout my current JL, the 2.0 was delayed because they caught fire randomly. So this is where my fear starts... thoughts?
Thoroughly pleased with my 2018 JLU Turbo. I bought it primarily for the mpg and because I'm moving to the mountains.

And for just the mpg alone it's been soo worth it! By watching my acceleration/RPMs a bit, I was easily getting over 28 mpg sustained over many tanks of gas.

Of course, that all went out the window when I modded my jeep from front to back and added all kinds of weight lol but still way better mpg than the 3.6 even with the extra weight. And that pleases me :)

Sponsored

Married2MyJeep

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
I am 98% happy with my 2.0. What I did not realize when I bought it, is that it would need premium gas. That part I am not happy about. But damn doe it pick up speed fast. And I much prefer the quiet engine I have over the noisy 3.6.
Yeah the premium aspect sucks hard. I shop around for the cheapest, but still end up paying 50-60 cents more than regular no matter what :/

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
I have to ask, how's the tuning potential

I don't expect it to be a racecar, but a 2.0t still can hustle

Jeep your tips up

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUS 2.0 Bright White Dual Tops
Love mine '19 Sahara, and appreciate the highway pickup AND the turbo shine.

keithd60

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon2020 Jeep Wrangler unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
REALTOR®
I have ordered and in production a 2020 JLUR with the 2.0 w/out the BSG. I have heard people concerned about the "loss of power", the etorque does nothing after 1500RPM, I drove a 2019 2.0 w/out etorque in Europe and I have driven one here with BSG and yes I saw a very small difference at takeoff, but not enough to worry about. I figure it is FCA, less is BETTER!!

B25pilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, WWII North American Aviation T6 advanced combat trainer, 2017 Jaguar f type R
Occupation
WWII aircraft restorer/pilot
Very impressed with the 2.0 liter/auto transmission combination on the highway as well as our experiences off road. Good mileage and performance at 70 + mph, better acceleration than our old V8 defenders. Good controllable torque at crawling speeds in steep, loose inclines. Only downside is that the engine note is not particularly interesting
Sponsored