First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Willys
Occupation
Film Industry
Maybe I'm missing something here... Jeep knows we air down when going off road right? Why do I get that annoying tpms warning every time I start it with the accompanying flashing idiot light that never goes away? Even on surface streets I like to run my tires at 32psi, but on a cold day they will drop to 29psi and I have to fill them back up to 36psi for the dumb warning to stop only to air back down again to 32psi. So freakin' annoying!

So... how do get rid of that warning? I want to be able to just get in and drive away as normal. I don't want to have to hit 'ok' and acknowledge the 'low' pressure and I don't want a blinking light. Is a programmer the only way? I'd rather not remove the tpms as I actually like checking it. Would a programmer get rid of the blinking light too?

Sorry in advance if this has been covered, but searching I didn't find a solution.
Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

SilverSurfer

First Name
Heinrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon 3.6 8-speed Auto
The same issue bothered my OCD as well. Tire pressures are relative to what surface you drive one, loaded weight, etc. I just bought an aftermarket unit that allows you to change the tire pressure threshold and it is sorted.

Packnbeer

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2-Door
With a Tazer JL you can change the desired target pressure or you can turn off TPMS all together. The Tazer has a lot of control options that you otherwise dont have. Being able to turn off the start-stop and have it remain turned off makes it worth the money alone. I have separate rims and tires I run in the winter and i can change my TPMS quickly after wheel swaps.

OP
OP
R3TRO

R3TRO

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Willys
Occupation
Film Industry
You need a programmer to change the TPMS settings or to disable TPMS completely. The Tazer JL Mini or the JSCAN app along with a bypass cable and OBD2 reader are the most popular options.
Thanks for the response! So I see Tazer JL lite or mini. If I'm only interested in changing TPMS and auto start/stop and maybe larger tires, could I get away with the (cheaper) lite?

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Thanks for the response! So I see Tazer JL lite or mini. If I'm only interested in changing TPMS and auto start/stop and maybe larger tires, could I get away with the (cheaper) lite?
100%. You can even upgrade the Lite to a Mini later on if you decide you need the additional features.
Sponsored