Sponsored

Tire Size Recalibration Tool & 4xe Compatibility

Low_Spark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
I recall seeing/reading that given the differences with the 4xe the current crop of tuners/flashcals/etc are not compatible with the 4xe. Is there anything on the market that has been proven to be compatible with the 4xe and successful at recalibrating the tire sizes? At the moment I am not worried about line lock, light shows, or any of that other stuff, but I also dont want to take it to a dealer if I can avoid it.
Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I recall seeing/reading that given the differences with the 4xe the current crop of tuners/flashcals/etc are not compatible with the 4xe. Is there anything on the market that has been proven to be compatible with the 4xe and successful at recalibrating the tire sizes?
Tazer JL Mini will work. The latest firmware includes updates for the 4xe.

E4wd

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler unlimited Rubicon 4xe
Just make sure you download the latest firmware on the tazer to include the update. It's not always installed when you purchase

redracer

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe Rubicon
I used the JScan app to adjust my 4xe tire size. It worked just fine.

Sponsored

Smunro622

First Name
tu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 4xE
Just did 37" on my 22 rubicon 4xe and had thr tazer jl mini installed took a few mins for everything including pairing.

Nickb1907

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 4XE
Also used Jscan, turned off the panic button and turned on fog lights too.
I have used the Jscan twice now (35s day 2 of ownership and 37s for xmas). Both times gave me a check engine light that lasted a couple days but then went away.

Did you have the same result?

Side note: I really hope AlphaOBD adds 4xe compatibility soon. I planned to use that first but no support when I tried in March 2022 so went to Jscan.

MerPinXEss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 4xe JLU
I have used the Jscan twice now (35s day 2 of ownership and 37s for xmas). Both times gave me a check engine light that lasted a couple days but then went away.

Did you have the same result?

Side note: I really hope AlphaOBD adds 4xe compatibility soon. I planned to use that first but no support when I tried in March 2022 so went to Jscan.
Directions have about 10 steps, last 2 consist of resetting the abs ‘on flat ground’, I was about 5’ down angle in driveway and got light. Repeated on flat.
Also there is a ~30 second memory in most cars(turn off and can still use windows and stereo) so I make it a habit of: ignition off, open door, close door, push lock on remote, count 10, unlock, open, close, start. You will see the ‘self test’ lighting up all the lights and gauges. It was after this it went out
Sponsored