Throttle enhancers

kosinar

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black JLUR 3.0 EcoDiesel received 3/6/20
OK, I bought my coal burner in Dec. of 2020. I had the Hikeit here when it came home because I test drove a ZR2 diesel and it had the death throttle and I fully expected that with the 3.0 based on these forums. For the record I never test drove a JL little lone a 3.0, just ordered it.

Moving forward to today and some nice weather I installed the Hikeit today. Holy cow. I will say if you take member comments with a grain of salt and say to yourself yeah, yeah, yeah, I can tell you the jeep is now the one I thought I was buying not the one they gave me. Holy cow. Holy cow.

You will not be disappointed with this upgrade. Why didn't I do this in the dealers lot?
I am extremely happy with mine for normal driving but turn it off for offload driving. Too jerky.
Sponsored

No Spark V6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubi 3.0 GCM
Clubs

Almost makes me think the more robust the transmission the more aggressive the factory is with the programming.
I dont have any add on throttle enhancer but I found it interesting how significant the change is from being in 2H vs 4H with off road+ activated. If only we could have that throttle response active in 2H.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy

Harrybeerbelly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tackhawk
For those that were considering the Pedal Commander, you can buy at a decent price ....$60.00 price reduction during Prime Days.... Now... Buy for $239.99 versus the usual $299.99

You can get another $10 off .... look here:
https://www.amazon.com/b/ref=US_Inc...&pf_rd_p=b3c2c41e-0bc2-4d35-8c27-41a4e81029c9

https://www.amazon.com/Commander-Throttle-Controller-Bluetooth-Unlimited/dp/B07N16R47G/ref=sr_1_57?dchild=1&keywords=wrangler,+jl&psr=PDAY&qid=1624276630&s=prime-day&sr=1-57

Jeep Wrangler JL Throttle enhancers 61eOWpxSZ-L._AC_SL1080_

Thanks for the heads up. Just ordered mine.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Harrybeerbelly

Do your homework (search using words Pedal Commander) regarding install and what not to do when using BEFORE you end up with major headaches lets say.

Not just talking the Pedal Commander but any Throttle Controller.

Just follow a few simple rules and you will never have an issue....

Sponsored

OP
OP
rickinAZ

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
@Harrybeerbelly

Do your homework (search using words Pedal Commander) regarding install and what not to do when using BEFORE you end up with major headaches lets say.

Not just talking the Pedal Commander but any Throttle Controller.

Just follow a few simple rules and you will never have an issue....
Particularly rule #1: Don't even THINK about changing modes when your foot is on the accelerator.

AZRubic0n

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited Eco Diesel
For those that were considering the Pedal Commander, you can buy at a decent price ....$60.00 price reduction during Prime Days.... Now... Buy for $239.99 versus the usual $299.99

You can get another $10 off .... look here:
https://www.amazon.com/b/ref=US_Inc...&pf_rd_p=b3c2c41e-0bc2-4d35-8c27-41a4e81029c9

https://www.amazon.com/Commander-Throttle-Controller-Bluetooth-Unlimited/dp/B07N16R47G/ref=sr_1_57?dchild=1&keywords=wrangler,+jl&psr=PDAY&qid=1624276630&s=prime-day&sr=1-57

Jeep Wrangler JL Throttle enhancers 61eOWpxSZ-L._AC_SL1080_
I found this yesterday and ordered based on the feedback from everyone on this thread. I hope it does what you all say it will LOL

OP
OP
rickinAZ

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I found this yesterday and ordered based on the feedback from everyone on this thread. I hope it does what you all say it will LOL
If your Jeep is an EcoDiesel (which I think it is), it will delight you, but if not, you won't experience much difference from stock. Particularly with a manual transmission.

Please report back with your post-install impressions.

AZRubic0n

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes is an Eco diesel and will get it tomorrow.
If your Jeep is an EcoDiesel (which I think it is), it will delight you, but if not, you won't experience much difference from stock. Particularly with a manual transmission.

Please report back with your post-install impressions.
Yes mine is an Eco Diesel. Get the PC tomorrow and will for sure report back.

OP
OP
rickinAZ

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yes is an Eco diesel and will get it tomorrow.

Yes mine is an Eco Diesel. Get the PC tomorrow and will for sure report back.
And...you added EcoDiesel to your profile. :)
[that's why I was unsure]

Sponsored

AZRubic0n

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok just got back from test driving with the Pedal Commander. Was a super easy install and Bluetooth function works great.
So I tested both extremes “economy -4” and “Sport+ +4
I only drove around in my neighborhood (30 mph max speed) and did not spend a ton of time driving.
There is for sure a difference in acceleration between the two modes. The turbo lag (which I never paid attention too as I really don’t do quick starts) seems to be the same which I guess I did not really expect a difference there. The difference I perceive is once you start moving. The acceleration difference is very noticeable. I was pulling into my garage with it was still set on Sport+ and it definitely responds quicker at lite throttle input. I’m going to need some more time on the road to really evaluate but it for sure is noticeable.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok just got back from test driving with the Pedal Commander. Was a super easy install and Bluetooth function works great.
So I tested both extremes “economy -4” and “Sport+ +4
I only drove around in my neighborhood (30 mph max speed) and did not spend a ton of time driving.
There is for sure a difference in acceleration between the two modes. The turbo lag (which I never paid attention too as I really don’t do quick starts) seems to be the same which I guess I did not really expect a difference there. The difference I perceive is once you start moving. The acceleration difference is very noticeable. I was pulling into my garage with it was still set on Sport+ and it definitely responds quicker at lite throttle input. I’m going to need some more time on the road to really evaluate but it for sure is noticeable.
@AZRubic0n

Most guys settle in with (City, no - or +) .... You may do similar versus staying with a setting that is too aggressive. You want better... but not crazy lets say.... 8-)

Remember: NEVER EVER change modes while actively touching / using the gas pedal...

AZRubic0n

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@AZRubic0n

Most guys settle in with (City, no - or +) .... You may do similar versus staying with a setting that is too aggressive. You want better... but not crazy lets say.... 8-)

Remember: NEVER EVER change modes while actively touching / using the gas pedal...
Yea I was only testing the extremes just to feel the difference. Where I ultimately set it is still TBD. Need more time plus I imagine I want to set it different for off road vs on road. I absolutely think the throttle is too responsive in 4 low (stock) when rock crawling. Will be nice to dial it back.

AZRubic0n

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So got a chance to really drive with the PC. It actually makes a huge difference and makes the diesel even more fun to drive. I noticed a big improvement on the freeway. Cruising at 70 mph with the PC off it takes a lot of throttle to get the Jeep to start accelerating (very progressive but a somewhat dead pedal). With the PC on it responds very quickly and my favorite setting is Sport. Well worth the $239 I got it for on Amazon. Great thread and probably would not have bought it had I not read this thread. So Thx!

Harrybeerbelly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tackhawk
I have had mine on for about a week. It is not BS. I like it. Makes the Jeep much more responsive.
Right now I am on city +4.
Sponsored