wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Yes, I own a pair for showing at the gym or walking on a sandy beach.

If I have to go utilitarian it's Crocks. But I would want them tattooed on my Jeep either.

Other than that I hate them and find them about as useless as a 'man-dress.' 😜
Hey just a quick recommendation..... I used to wear Crocks around the camp site and switched to these. Super comfy and I can run in them.

Jeep Wrangler JL This is weird Easter egg on a Rubicon 1627475842798

Hydro hiking shoes.
Sponsored

Bulletbill

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Lol, I’m not gonna lie, I enjoy the “frivolous” threads. I’m a new Jeep owner and had a smile on my face as I discovered the flip flops on the cowl of my JLUR. I’ve enjoyed waving to all the Jeep peeps out there way more than I thought I would, and the whole experience thus far has me extremely happy with my purchase.

Life’s short, and way to much drama in the world. Appreciate all the light hearted-ness. Not enough of it in the world if you ask me.

@flyer92, from one combat vet to another, I don’t think anyone meant anything negative by their comments. We fought for the freedom to have differences of opinions, and the freedom to express ourselves for better or worse.

As a side note, flip flops rule, and if I could ever quit my job, I would be in them all the time. @Killed by Death, free your feet😜.

Buckster

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 billet silver JLUR '16 Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Power Generation
Vehicle Showcase
Hey just a quick recommendation..... I used to wear Crocks around the camp site and switched to these. Super comfy and I can run in them.

Jeep Wrangler JL This is weird Easter egg on a Rubicon 1627475842798

Hydro hiking shoes.
HaHa, I've got those! Wear them on the boat fishing. Water drains, super comfy, and they leave oval tan spots on your feet.

Chris2183

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S (Sold) 2021 JLU Willys
I have neither the one in the tailgate area or the one in the driver’s footwell area. hmmm…….
It's because you have a 2 door. We missed out on a couple for some reason.

Sponsored

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
I have to disagree with you here. You can learn something on this thread, like who would be fun around a camp fire and who might not be so much fun around a camp fire.

I would say the most worthless thread is the 109th thread about will 37s rub on my stock Jeep thread.
You got me on that one! I say he shows up and throws a pair of flip flops into the camp fire in protest!!

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I can tell you that flip flops on the Rubicon may be okay, but flip flops in the mud at Windrock, not okay.

Jeepney Johnny

First Name
Rico!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
NASCAR's not big in SoCal, I think because the everyday drive is pretty much bumper-to-bumper high-speed racing in all lanes. Flying along at freeway speeds in traffic a coupla days ago, I see something get kicked up by the car in front of me, which I couldn't avoid hitting. I heard the loud and dull thunk of something rubbery, so I thought, "Great, a piece of tire that's marred the front of the grill, or maybe cracked it." Sarcastically, I think, "I guess I could start shopping for an angry-eye grill..."

When I get to my destination half-an-hour later, I see another flip flop has been added to my Jeep:

Jeep Wrangler JL This is weird Easter egg on a Rubicon 1628630814222

Jeep Wrangler JL This is weird Easter egg on a Rubicon 1628630846950

CDRMidnight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Dang, I'll have to look for this one today... Being in Hawaii, 'slippers' (slippahs ;)) are a way of life!!
Cheers,
-CM-

KDoc

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Jeep Cherokee Unlimited 2015 Diesel, 2019 JL Overland ( Sahara in USA)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Also, this Easter Egg isn’t unique to the Rubicon.
Not quite true , I have them on my 2019 JL Overland ( Sahara in the USA) in Australia 🇦🇺.
Sponsored