Banned
Banned
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Does anyone think they would charge less without those tiny Easter eggs? My guess is every vehicle is priced at the max the market analysts think they can charge. If it costs $1 to build and the market will pay $1000 guess what? They will charge $1000. If it cost 50k to make and they determine it can sell for 52k then it will be 52k. Just saying the price they charge isn’t linear with the price of the goods to make the vehicle.
Sponsored

flyer92

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Door JL Sport, former '80 CJ-5 and '99 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Minimal NRE on the CAD drawings and cost of initial tooling (if even that). Marginal cost per unit is likely pennies.
Perhaps this is true, but in my experience with engineering and manufacturing, there's still plenty of development, administrative, and marketing costs that precede NRE, even for the smallest design elements. Maybe it's not millions of dollars, but I'd rather see those resources support the design of practical components we DO need (steering, ESS, etc.)...or at a minimum, paying the fuse installer a little more to push 'em all in!

In any case, I'm glad that many folks enjoy these details. I personally could have just done without them.

Jerpy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
I could do without a considerable portion of the Easter Eggs (a little Jeep on EVERY wheel -- c'mon). I feel like they cheapen the aesthetic making it look more like a kid's toy and less like the rugged vehicle I bought it for.

Would be nice to have an option without is all I'm saying -- I'd even pay extra for that.

Last edited:

MattT69

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I could do without a considerable portion of the Easter Eggs. I feel like they cheapen the aesthetic making it look more like a kid's toy and less like the rugged vehicle I bought it for.

Would be nice to have an option without is all I'm saying.
Most non jeepers would never notice them , so it's not an aesthetic issue... plus Wranglers look like toys by design. If you remove every Easter egg it will still look like a toy... best to enjoy all the attention and child like feeling of driving a hot wheels toy... °|||||||°

Sponsored

Jteakus

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecodiesel Unlimited Rubicon
Jeeps are supposed to be fun.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I like the Easter eggs on the Jeep. It is a great conversation starter or topic. And it works because this has been discussed many times on this forum. I have also shown other JL owners the Easter eggs and by my experience, it always brings a smile to their face when I point them out.

Then again, I like attention to detail and see it as going a bit farther than expected. It is also nice to see the manufacturer tip their hat to others that they see fit to honor.

csjlu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
People smile when they see me picking them up in my Jeep, but NOBODY smiles when I am forced to pick them up in my wife's Volvo - not nearly as fun. Some riders find the easter eggs by themselves, and it lubricates conversations and leads to further discoveries. I've never heard anyone disliking the eggs until this thread. If they ever make an egg-free model I hope they badge it a 1WP Edition sticker.

JoeBanks

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Sport JLU
Pretty sure the Easter eggs aren't adding anything significant to the price tag but they give JLs a lot more personalized touch. I really like the extra effort Jeep design team put into this latest generation. I also like the added heritage/history the Easter eggs highlight...and it's just fun to discover them in unexpected places (especially if you have kids).

Walker Texas Wrangler

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hamburgsolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Rubicon, Previous: '99 TJ Sahara
Build Thread
Link
I'm a detail oriented (some would say, OCD) guy. I love the Easter Eggs. My son enjoys finding them, too. It's all in the details and I think they've done an excellent job of adding them. Some are obvious and some are subtle. I'm sure they have fun adding them too.

Sponsored

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
If there weren't easter eggs on the JL then we wouldn't get the joy of being click-baited into reading revolving threads about flip flops, braille, and little Willy's icons every time someone forgets we have a search function on JLWF...

west tex

First Name
Skoro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2dr 80th Edition, 2017 Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired, as in "Tired again"
My 80th has those same flip-flops. I kinda suspect it's an across the board Easter egg on Wranglers.

And yes, I'm another one who thinks the Easter eggs are a fun little touch on an expensive vehicle.

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
As my grandad used to say, "Some guys can start a fistfight in a phone booth."