Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
And so it begins.

"The workers are striking at a GM plant in Wentzville, Missouri; a Stellantis plant in Toledo, Ohio; and a Ford plant in Wayne, Michigan. Plants that were not called upon to strike will work without a contract, UAW President Shawn Fain said.

'The UAW Stand Up Strike begins at all three of the Big Three,' the union said in a post on X, formerly known as Twitter, shortly after midnight on Friday."

(Source for quote.)
Sponsored

sherpaJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito! ~ 2022 JLUR Hydro Blue

Sponsored

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
And I hope the big 3 dig in. It is getting OUT OF CONTROL. All they want is to get paid more for doing less and less. Bring on the robots. You get what you get. They are all paid very well. It doesn't matter what the revenues are for these big companies. they aren't charities and don't have to make less to pay lazy people more just because "they have record profits". All this is doing is lining union leadership pockets. If union people had half the time investigating what union leadership get off the backs of them they could make more by getting rid of them. Get off tik tok and look up what your "leadership" is getting paid.

Call Me TD

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Anvil JLUR
And I hope the big 3 dig in. It is getting OUT OF CONTROL. All they want is to get paid more for doing less and less. Bring on the robots. You get what you get. They are all paid very well. It doesn't matter what the revenues are for these big companies. they aren't charities and don't have to make less to pay lazy people more just because "they have record profits". All this is doing is lining union leadership pockets. If union people had half the time investigating what union leadership get off the backs of them they could make more by getting rid of them. Get off tik tok and look up what your "leadership" is getting paid.

100% this. There was a a time and a place for a Union mentality but it had turned into a money machine. I do have friends that work for Ford and GM. They are hard workers and believe they care about quality, i don't dismiss that I just wish they weren't controlled by the UAW.

Sponsored

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
No matter who "wins" we all lose. The cost of vehicles (and many other things) are out of control and like the real estate market there is a bubble that will break at some point.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Ford CEO Jim Farley
Total Compensation (2022) $20,996,146

GM CEO Mary Barra's 2022 compensation: $28,979,570

Stellantis CEO Carlos Tavarer
2022 total compensation of $24.8 million
Then go get educated, work hard and strive to be a CEO. They earned it. I am confident you watch the NBA, NFL, MLB and support those salaries. If you are against people making money for working hard then stop supporting athletes that actually just entertain and don't drive a business that actually make things we need. Hypocrisy is real.

Call Me TD

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Anvil JLUR
So the union votes to strike. Workers not on the strike line do not qualify for "strike pay". Those on the strike line get $500 a week and minimal benefits. So, the people with the most to loose HAVE TO picket. While the others sit back and take a mini unpaid vacation. New reports say this can be sustained for 11 weeks. How many do you know can go without pay for that long?

Remember Flint Michigan? Well these manufacturers will pull up roots and go to Mexico just like they did to Flint and then they will still make those record profits.

The workers are not winning here.
Sponsored