NTX Black Moab

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab (Black on Black)
Vehicle Showcase
I ran the fox 2.0 IFP shocks with my RK lift on my JK, actually on my wife’s JKU now and the ride is a lot more rough and firm in comparison to the RK shocks on my JLs RK lift. Now it’s a bit apples to oranges in comparison between platforms but it’s enough to make note. She actually complains about the shocks firmness and wants a better shock

Any reason why they are not a fan of the RK shocks? I’m curious if there is a good reason or just wanting to make more money with the fox shocks
Feedback from those that have run the RK shocks vs the Fox shocks. Enough people like the Fox shocks better that they offer it as an option (or preference depending on how you look at it).
Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase

Az-jewel

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aquajeepgirl.com
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
SAHM
How do you like the 35's with that 6-speed? Any plans to re-gear?
I love the tires but with the 6-speed it’s quite sluggish now, especially at low rpms (mainly 1st and 2nd). Once it gets up to 2500ish rpms it’s better. I’m adjusting and hope to get it re geared eventually...I’m broke right now. But I will say that the ride is nice! Just not much power, and I rarely see 5th, never 6th gear.

NTX Black Moab

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I know our JLs have the 3.45 gears. Anyone running 37's (without regear) and a 3.5" lift (looking at the RK 3.5 Flex with Fox Shocks). I know eventually I will need the remaining control arms and a regear, but wondering if 37's can be tolerated (for a while) with stock gears? I do have a Moab which has D44 front and rear.

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I know our JLs have the 3.45 gears. Anyone running 37's (without regear) and a 3.5" lift (looking at the RK 3.5 Flex with Fox Shocks). I know eventually I will need the remaining control arms and a regear, but wondering if 37's can be tolerated (for a while) with stock gears? I do have a Moab which has D44 front and rear.
Automatic or manual transmission?

Sponsored

NTX Black Moab

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
This is an 8 speed Auto

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
This is an 8 speed Auto
From what I've heard 37's are going to kind of suck, but tolerable with the 8 speed Auto.
Even 35's kinda suck with the stock gearing and the 6 speed manual transmission from what I hear. Sticking to 33's for that reason - 6 spd. manual here.

NTX Black Moab

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The 3.45 gearing on Sahara's are kind of a disservice, but the I guess correct for the intended audience. Our local off-road company is doing regears for $1600. Once lifted and the wheels / tires upgraded, I'll do the regear shortly after. The lift (3.5" RK Flex) and wheels / tires (17" Fuel Beast with either 35 or 37" KM3 or Nitto RG) is not going to be cheap so trying to figure out when this will happen. More than likely it'll be after the front bumper is upgraded and a winch is added (since that's only around $1k)

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR Anvil / 2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Merchant Marine
How do you like the 35's with that 6-speed? Any plans to re-gear?
I love the tires but with the 6-speed it’s quite sluggish now, especially at low rpms (mainly 1st and 2nd). Once it gets up to 2500ish rpms it’s better. I’m adjusting and hope to get it re geared eventually...I’m broke right now. But I will say that the ride is nice! Just not much power, and I rarely see 5th, never 6th gear.
I’m going to say wheel/tire selection has a lot to do with how it feels afterward. Lighter wheel and a “lighter” tire should negate the sluggish feeling when running 35’s.
I’m running 35” KM 3’s on the upgraded Sport S 17” wheels and I have plenty of guts. I get all the way through fifth during a decent drive somewhere. Around town or just headed to the store, I usually see more of forth than fifth.

As far as sixth, I didn’t even see that on the stock tires. Lol

Just my 2 cents.

Sponsored

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe I’m old school, but I don’t want a lift. 33” Toyo Open Country gives me 11+” of ground clearance. That’s all I need, considering my off road driving skill.

78cj7-18lj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangle Sahara JLU
Occupation
Retired
So many helpful posts on the JL Wrangler forum for Rubicon owners. I would like to start a thread for everyone except Rubcon owners to post your mods - so I can actually see thjngs that apply to the vihicle I own.

Sport, Sport S, and Saharah weclcome.

Rubicon people you basicaly have the rest of the entire forum so GTFO
I'm in. 2018 Sahara JLU monitor. I KNOW it's not a Rubicon! It's a lifestyle :)

Cure4Jen

First Name
Jen & Kai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUS
Looks great.
Custom sport s auto with heated seats & remote start for 2 weeks now and just got what I thought was a rock hit on Saturday. Turns out the stock wiper on the passenger side is scraping up the windshield. I emailed the dealership, see if they can remedy the situation free of charge.
I’ve tinted all vehicle windows in the past and considering limo tint rear and somewhat dark, at least 20%, in driver’s compartment. Did you get the whole windshield 35 also?
What does your place charge for just the windshield (after being replaced)?
Just installed Snyper triple tube rock rails with step, door entry guards yesterday. Ballistic canvas seat covers due in next 10 days. priority is function for myself and service dog who loves to train and play in water and snow.
thanks.
Sponsored

Last edited: