Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Same fob just no buttons on it, make sure not to lock it in the Jeep when you get out lol read about a guy doing it a few times since there’s no key to remove from the ignition he would just hop out and lock the doors with the fob inside
I have done this about 4 times. And it makes me feel so stupid everytime. Luckily i have a softop so breaking into my own jeep isnt too hard
Sponsored

Teghogh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler jl sport
Tried to install the highline fenders and when installing the rear fenders, I noticed that the Mopar dealer I used gave me one incorrect rear fender. Seems like they sent me a paintable Sahara fender instead of the highline rubicon.

What sucks is that I already paid to get these painted so I hope the Mopar dealer does right and replaces it + credits me the difference I paid for the paint/labor.

I also noticed the incorrect rear fender had a Molded lip, which my Sahara fenders don’t have. Is this new for 2019?

1E3FD130-FA59-48B1-BA9D-BBB3CD44595E.jpeg
Does the rubicon rear fenders match the rear bumper or the rear bumper have to be changed to rubicon as well? Jeep looks good

jlsahara

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Does the rubicon rear fenders match the rear bumper or the rear bumper have to be changed to rubicon as well? Jeep looks good
Rear bumper corner caps need to be changed for it to look 100% smooth. I haven’t looked into the part number yet but I’m sure I’ll find it. It doesn’t bother me too much.

Teghogh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler jl sport
Rear bumper corner caps need to be changed for it to look 100% smooth. I haven’t looked into the part number yet but I’m sure I’ll find it. It doesn’t bother me too much.
I’m purchasing the rubicon fenders from mopar tomorrow. I’m not sure if they are the exact model as the stock rubicons or are they designed to work with sport rear bumpers. I’m assuming that the sport and Sahara bumpers are the same ? I know the Sahara has an extension that can be removed but the sport is molded into the rear bumper so the whole bumper would have to be replaced. If you can send some pics it would be appreciated. Also do you notice the rear fenders also sitting about 1.5 inch higher than the old ones?

Patinito

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MOAB "Saharacon"
Occupation
SysAdmin
Vehicle Showcase
I purchased the EAG Tube Doors $439 for the set if 4 with mirrors, I could not be more pleased with the quality for such a low price, Now just waiting for May to put the soft top on...

half%20doors%201_zpssphpnq1h.jpg

kalf%20doors%202%20-%20Copy_zpsrckt7jxl.jpg
Hey! Nice Doors!:rock:

IMG_0998.jpeg

IMG_1353.jpeg

Sponsored

NTX Black Moab

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab (Black on Black)
Vehicle Showcase
Mjt3QJj.jpg

Non-Rubi checking in. This thread helped me understand the real difference between the various trims and solidified my decision to go with a Sahara, but I found this instead of the Sahara that I originally was looking at.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
Mjt3QJj.jpg

Non-Rubi checking in. This thread helped me understand the real difference between the various trims and solidified my decision to go with a Sahara, but I found this instead of the Sahara that I originally was looking at.
Great choice, as an owner of a Black Sahara you should note that the paint is very soft on these, meaning it scratches so easy and like all black vehicles you should also buy paint protection. I am having mine fully covered in Xpel paint protection, which should eliminate scratching. I love the black except for this issue. So plan to spend another $1500-$2500 for paint protection if you want it to continue to look good. I know that there are those that like trail wear and to each their own for me nothing looks better than a flawless black finish. I also considered ceramic coating however overall it is not very scratch resistant, for me the Xpel was only $500 more and certainly a reasonable value.

Firefly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Wrangler TJ
Just curious,To base sport owners: Without power door locks do you still get the same key fob? Do you have to push the side of the fob to release the "key" to open the doors, or is there a traditional key? Seems odd to have to flip out the key every time,
Same FOB but with no buttons. Has a traditional key attached that flips out of FOB to manually open doors. Take note, though, there is no manual locks on the rear doors so the only way to lock & unlock both rear doors is to reach from the inside! Didn't realize this when I bought mine and salesman didn't point out.
It's a pain in the @ss, let me tell you. Terrible flaw in design!

RedJeep78

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Sport 2018
So I bought a Sport S with the intention of buying lots of mods for the money that the Rubi alone would have costed.

So far I hade added:
1. Metal cloak 3.5 in lift
2. Fuel 18 in Cleaver wheels
3. 35 in nitto trail grappler tires
4. Hauk front bumper, rear bumper with tire arm, and side rails all custom powder coated
5. Warn zeon 10 wench
6. Quake LED halo headlights
7. Rugged ridge floor and cargo mats
8. Mopar grab handles
9. Mopar door step guards
10. Rugged ridge metal hood clamps

I think she is coming along quite well:)

20190311_080802.jpg

Jp (2).jpg

Jp3.jpg

Jp2.jpg

lbau317

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
So I bought a Sport S with the intention of buying lots of mods for the money that the Rubi alone would have costed.

So far I hade added:
1. Metal cloak 3.5 in lift
2. Fuel 18 in Cleaver wheels
3. 35 in nitto trail grappler tires
4. Hauk front bumper, rear bumper with tire arm, and side rails all custom powder coated
5. Warn zeon 10 wench
6. Quake LED halo headlights
7. Rugged ridge floor and cargo mats
8. Mopar grab handles
9. Mopar door step guards
10. Rugged ridge metal hood clamps

I think she is coming along quite well:)

20190311_080802.jpg

Jp (2).jpg

Jp3.jpg

Jp2.jpg
Very nice!

Sponsored

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I couldn’t find any discussion on my issue so I figured I’d ask here. I added some Rubicon takeoffs to my Sport this weekend and very happy on how they look/fit but I did find that the rear camera cover on the spare doesn’t fit back on now.

Has anyone figured this combo out the the oem spare tire holder? The camera cover seemed basic in setup but worth reusing if possible. I don’t know if there would be any specific risk to the rear camera with the cover off from the elements...
I have a Sport S Unlimited with Rubi takeoffs and the camera cover fit fine. Weird.

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Same FOB but with no buttons. Has a traditional key attached that flips out of FOB to manually open doors. Take note, though, there is no manual locks on the rear doors so the only way to lock & unlock both rear doors is to reach from the inside! Didn't realize this when I bought mine and salesman didn't point out.
It's a pain in the @ss, let me tell you. Terrible flaw in design!
You guys need to hop on the power locks bandwagon. I have a write up on the forums here and my blog below in signature.

JustCougIt

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Sport
Ok, goofy question, whT are the big differences between a sport and sport s? I have a sport but have power locks, power windows, heated side mirrors, and I’m sure other things that a sport s has. Thanks for any info people are willing to share.

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
You sure it’s a sport and not sport S? What’s your window sticker look like

Jeep#6

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 4xe HYDRO; 24 BMW X5
Occupation
Sales in a Jeep
Ok, goofy question, whT are the big differences between a sport and sport s? I have a sport but have power locks, power windows, heated side mirrors, and I’m sure other things that a sport s has. Thanks for any info people are willing to share.
You almost certainly have a Sport S. Check sticker and you will see 24S or 23S option package. Power, “tint” rears and other convenience features.
Sponsored