Sponsored

The Great Rust Proofing Poll

Which rust-proofing product/service are you going with?

• Total voters

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
If you know of any other products and services that I haven't listed in the poll yet, please post them below in the thread in bold, and I will add them to the poll. (I do hope I will be able to edit the poll.) If you voted other, come back later to change your vote once I've added your product/service.

And any reasons for your choice are welcome in the thread. Have at it.
Sponsored

warc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr JL Rubicon, 2016 Corvette Z06
I'm in Canada where salt exposure is inescapable and my non rust proofed 2010 Rubicon has no rust where it's not supposed to. I don't plan to keep my ordered JL any longer than the 8 years I've had the JK, so I am not anticipating rust to be an issue.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
I have a thought about rust proofing even if I neither know if I am going to do it, or if so, with which vendor.

I'm going to take a position that isn't necessary reflective of my feelings on the matter and see what people think.

"The need to add rustproofing to a vehicle, even a Wrangler (or maybe especially a Wrangler,) even if wise, shouldn't have to be the case, and a little bit like asking a customer, 'oh, would like tires with that vehicle?' "

Now--maybe, the rustproofing that comes with a Wrangler isn't, or shouldn't be expected to be beyond what would keep an average on-road vehicle rust free, in an average climate, for "X" years. Perhaps people who live near oceans, or in humidity, or take their Wrangler off road owe their rig more, and don't (or shouldn't) blame FCA for not provide the level of rust protection it provides by default.

But a little part of me can't help but think that manufacturer should, if not does, bear much of the responsibility for this, especially in a Wrangler

....I mean, would you expect a dealer to ask, "oh, do you intend to take it out in the rain?"

(Actually, in jest, that might actually be a legitimate Wrangler dealer question given roof leaks LOL.)

Does or should FCA meet this obligation on rust protection?

Thoughts?

Ohwillyb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ 2019 2DR JL Hellayella Rubicon (ORDERED 9/12/18)
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly, I'm more concerned about Galvonic Corrosion between the Steel, Aluminum and Magnesium in the JL, than Rust

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
I will be using ACF-50 that I will apply myself. Its used in the aviation and the motorcycle world. I have used fluid film in the military and its good stuff but ACF-50 I find it to do a better job without becoming molasses like.

Sponsored

OP
OP
BillyHW

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
I will be using ACF-50 that I will apply myself. Its used in the aviation and the motorcycle world. I have used fluid film in the military and its good stuff but ACF-50 I find it to do a better job without becoming molasses like.
Thanks, I've added ACF-50 to the poll, if you wanted to change your vote now.

OP
OP
BillyHW

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
I found some great videos showing a Krown application: