the FOB

gentryTX

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
FOB with nothing attached goes into my pocket. I've always tried to go minimalist on how many keys I carry when having a vehicle with a FOB, but this actually made things easier by keeping a 2nd key chain on a caribiner that I grab on the way out in the morning and keep in the top portion of the center console.

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
Well, you’re still screwed with the fob. Key pops out all the time, I used duct tape over it until I got a pocket style holster. Solved my key issue, and the window in the holster keeps me from accidentally setting off the alarm, since they’re recessed.
1) My JK key is out 100% of the time and a leather case doesn’t make it go away.
2) this is my 5th vehicle with a key fob. I think I can handle it.

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
That's why I like my 911... you still have to shove something into the dash... but on the left side (the correct side).
I believe the term is “ gimmick”.

Sponsored

Ralph2018JL

First Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What do most of you do with the FOB? Do you put it on a keyring? Attach keys to it? Or do you just leave it solo and stick it into your pocket/purse?

My current keyring has a few other keys on it and I'm thinking that if I put a ring on this new FOB that this could be quite cumbersome to carry around.
I originally carried it solo since I have a garage door opener to get into the house, but since the day I came home and the electric was off I carry a house key on the fob now.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
I believe the term is “ gimmick”.
If you think it’s on the left as a gimmick, that’s an opinion (to which we’re all entitled) based on no facts or research. Night night.

Last edited:

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
If you think it’s on the left as a gimmick, that’s an opinion (to which we’re all entitled) based on no facts or research. Night night.
The correct place to put an ignition switch Is where everybody else is putting it.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
The correct place to put an ignition switch Is where everybody else is putting it.
The more I thought about it, I should've worded it differently. Thunderbirds had the ignition to the left at one time, and Porsche has a specific history as to why they do. Saab at the floor. Others to keep it where only the driver could control it. Understandably, it's not a discussion for a Jeep forum.

There's no 'correct' side; that was more in jest than anything else (@BillG got it!). At the same time, just because everyone else does it a certain way doesn't necessarily make that correct, either. Tradition for some, muscle-memory for others. Correct is subjective...like left-handed scissors.

Regardless, I do apologize publicly for coming off like a pretentious snob and I can recognize when I'm wrong. I'm a driver, not a fighter.

Jeep_peace.jpg

Sponsored

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
I have it on a carabiner and hang it from a belt loop.

mazeppa

First Name
y = x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
You old people sure are something. Just order your Jeep with proximity entry, leave the key in your pocket, and never look at it again. If you’re the kind of person to walk away from your vehicle with it still running, it might be time to check yourself into a nice “retirement facility”.
Hell, I walk away from the vehicle forgetting where I parked and in which vehicle drove there. :crying:

Anyone else mute their Uconnect when trying to shut off the Jeep? I have many times. Also, trying to push-button start a vehicle with a keyed ignition. :facepalm:

UrbanRogue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
in my pocket with 6 other keys on the ring, A small USB stick and a work RSA Key. not that big

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
If the fob doesn’t fit comfortably in your pocket with fewer than 10 extra keys on it, your pants are too tight.
Sponsored