NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ (sold), WJ (sold), Ram 1500 QC 4x4 (sold 2018.06.07), Wrangler JL Sport 2-door (ordered 2018.06.08)
Occupation
Retired engineer (NASA, aerospace, DoD); ex-Navy
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, Real men use the watch pocket in there jeans.. Fits perfectly, with a small carabiner on the belt loop.
Actually, the watch pocket on jeans has gotten larger over the years. Probably because very few people carry a watch there anymore. They started making them large enough for cell phones at one time, but considering the size of cell phones these days, it's unlikely that they would still fit. Cargo pants and their side pockets are needed to carry cell phones in pockets these days. Sure, some people put them in their back pockets, but then again. some people sit down on their cell phones and break the screens or butt-dial also.
Sponsored

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
Ok, Real men use the watch pocket in there jeans.. Fits perfectly, with a small carabiner on the belt loop.
Umm..... that pocket holds my Hamilton Railroad watch. Guess I’m not a real man.:facepalm:

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
I will add a role of coins and some jumper cables maybe it will set off the panic alarm. Just saying

Ahmed

First Name
Quraysh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
You only need a special wallet.
Or a piece of tin wrapped around the key in the worst case!

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ (sold), WJ (sold), Ram 1500 QC 4x4 (sold 2018.06.07), Wrangler JL Sport 2-door (ordered 2018.06.08)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I find that the gnomon on my sundial either wears holes in my jeans or my leg, depending upon which way it is pointed.

Sponsored

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
It also might depend upon how much other stuff you carry in your pocket with it. Add some more keys, a pocket knife, and some coins and it's probably more likely. Maybe clothing manufacturers will start advertising their pants as having "Jeep fob pockets" instead of "cell phone pockets"?
Also socket wrenches and sockets , cigarette lighter , beer can opener , beer bottle opener , etc., all in the Jeep owner's pockets .

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
some jumper cables maybe it will set off the panic alarm.
I forgot the jumper cables ; that is another pocket tool needed for the trail to assist others who are less well prepared .

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Also socket wrenches and sockets , cigarette lighter , beer can opener , beer bottle opener , etc., all in the Jeep owner's pockets .
Don't need the beer can opener since you don't find cans that need it anymore, but I definitely carry a bottle opener on my keyring. Don't need a cigarette lighter, but a little thermite and a propane torch can be useful at times. :)

Last edited:

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Don't need the bear can opener since you don't find cans that need it anymore, but I definitely carry a bottle opener on my keyring. Don't need a cigarette lighter, but a little thermite and a propane torch can be useful at times. :)
I like the "bear" beer can opener you reference : that is a mighty big "bear" bottle . I mounted a beer bottle opener on my dash , in the opening under the radio , into which I inserted a balsa plug .

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I like the "bear" beer can opener you reference : that is a mighty big "bear" bottle . I mounted a beer bottle opener on my dash , in the opening under the radio , into which I inserted a balsa plug .
Well, if I feel a need to open bears, I carry a 10mm with this load:

lee-tl410-210-swc-resized-10mm-loaded-320w.jpg

Or this:

ruger-bisley-blackhawk-320.jpg

Sponsored

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Well, if I feel a need to open bears, I carry a 10mm with this load:
Bears do not sit down at my campsite picnic table , because I have a sign saying "no bare feet" .

Last edited:

MoparTH

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray Rubicon Unlimited
I haven't had this happen to the JL remote yet, but once owned a 2500 Silverado that this happened to often. I took the fob apart and put a small piece of electrical tape between the conductive side of the panic button and the PC board and it took care of that problem, not sure if this is applicable to the JL remote or not.

Tfom

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I think everyone should give the OP a break. Some of us just have less room in our pockets than others.

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I think everyone should give the OP a break. Some of us just have less room in our pockets than others.
Well, I was trying to refrain from bragging... :)
Sponsored