Need to disable the key fob alarm

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
Honestly, if you don’t want to disassemble the fob, it looks to me like someone who makes knife sheaths or holsters could make a cover for just that end of the fob. Not sure about cost though.
Sponsored

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Frankly, I find direct correlation with the success of my diet and how less often such a button might get pressed while in my pocket.;)

(Rephrase: fat = tight pants = false alarms!)

Not that I can't think of 10 reasons that this potential "solution" might not be one, but I take it that many of you are familiar with the bags that electronic toll devices like EZ-Pass come in that you can stick the windshield device into temporarily if you are paying the toll via another method...bags that stop the radio waves emitted by the booth toll from pinging the windshield device....

I wonder if a small version of same, with Wrangler key fob inside, might do the trick for you.

I do though think that if this is really a problem for you that seeking solutions at the rig's alarm end of the system might be best.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
I suspect that the key fob alarm on most cars get used mainly because the person has forgotten where they've parked their car in a large parking lot and they want it to make a sound so that they can find the car.
They ought to install a Train Horn , lol .

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
first world problems
The key fob is an expensive unnecessary Toy , similar to the screen on the dash with the colored buttons to push .

Expensive for price gouge to fill the bank accounts of Sergio Marachino .

Sponsored

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
I think you should VOID ALL WARRANTIES and remove the horn and steering wheel. I have been driving over 30 years and never set off a panic alarm.
Sleeping, ha, I was eating breakfast.
Good one

redelses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR
the panic button on the key fob is way too sensitive and would set off the alarm just looking at it. I popped off the top key pad buttons (easily pops off) and trimmed back the little rubber piece that pushes in and activates the panic alarm. it takes a lot more effort now to set it off.

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Training Manager Mercedes-Benz USA LLC and owner of Gibson Leatherworks
These may help. These are my first 2 JL FOB holsters. I will be making 4 designs in total. Snap clips; with and without window and holster clips with and without window. I will have them available in black, brown and tan. I should be able to make them for $35 each including shipping. These are made one at a time by a grumpy old man in the USA, not an Asian assembly line. I use 7-8 oz veg tan leather from US tanners, not urine tanned or vegan leather like you would get from a knockoff. They should outlast your JL. If you have any
JL FOB with snap clip.jpg
interest, you can email me at [email protected], my personal email at [email protected] or I will be placing them on my website www.gibsonleatherworks.com in the near future once my order of holster clips for these arrive and I get a couple built. If you have any questions or would like to provide any feedback on the design or function, please let me know.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
These may help. These are my first 2 JL FOB holsters. I will be making 4 designs in total. Snap clips; with and without window and holster clips with and without window. I will have them available in black, brown and tan. I should be able to make them for $35 each including shipping. These are made one at a time by a grumpy old man in the USA, not an Asian assembly line. I use 7-8 oz veg tan leather from US tanners, not urine tanned or vegan leather like you would get from a knockoff. They should outlast your JL. If you have any
JL FOB with snap clip.jpg
interest, you can email me at [email protected], my personal email at [email protected] or I will be placing them on my website www.gibsonleatherworks.com in the near future once my order of holster clips for these arrive and I get a couple built. If you have any questions or would like to provide any feedback on the design or function, please let me know.
You are Very Skillful . Especially thoughtful are the carabiner hooks .

ParthianShot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I think you should VOID ALL WARRANTIES and remove the horn and steering wheel. I have been driving over 30 years and never set off a panic alarm.

Good one
Congratulations. Some people probably engage in more physical activities than you do. Again, just because you don’t personally relate to a problem, that doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. Get a life, dude.

Sponsored

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR
My Mustang also has sensitive key fob buttons. If the fob was facing inward in my pocket...there was a 50% chance the alarm would go off as soon as I sat in the seat. Someone came out with an 'elastic neoprene slip cover' for the fob. . The fob cover puts the buttons just deep enough so that you have to press into the buttons to activate them. I am going to see if the same company can't make covers for Jeep owners.

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
Again it's a waste of topic makes good for jokes.
My BMW Z4 button is good my Tesla fob is good, my Jeep is Great
And I am very active. Key fob keeps going off I call BS.
But it is comical should be in Marvel

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
Again it's a waste of topic makes good for jokes.
My BMW Z4 button is good my Tesla fob is good, my Jeep is Great
And I am very active. Key fob keeps going off I call BS.
But it is comical should be in Marvel
I’ve had the key pop out so many times I covered it with duct tape. Had panic go off once in three months.
People have different lifestyles, you don’t know what the original poster does. I often carry boxes and crates that push against my leg and sometimes mash the buttons.
Just because it hasn’t happened to you doesn’t mean it’s :ontheloo:

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ (sold), WJ (sold), Ram 1500 QC 4x4 (sold 2018.06.07), Wrangler JL Sport 2-door (ordered 2018.06.08)
Occupation
Retired engineer (NASA, aerospace, DoD); ex-Navy
Vehicle Showcase
It also might depend upon how much other stuff you carry in your pocket with it. Add some more keys, a pocket knife, and some coins and it's probably more likely. Maybe clothing manufacturers will start advertising their pants as having "Jeep fob pockets" instead of "cell phone pockets"?

muskynut

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JLU SPORT-S
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, Real men use the watch pocket in there jeans.. Fits perfectly, with a small carabiner on the belt loop.
Sponsored