Sponsored

The dealership ordered the wrong Jeep!!???!

Vaunswa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Yes, first High Altitude had my sisters name on the MSRP sheet, and the second one had my name on the sheet, he did give me a vin for both Jeeps, and I know my sisters matched, but unfortunately I did not check the vin on the second Jeep because I was too frustrated to even think, let alone speak clearly
run the vin for a window sticker and see what comes back?
Sponsored

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
OP, ignore all the self-righteous assholes who just give you shit about being ā€œluckyā€ enough to afford a jeep right out of college. Thatā€™s not even a factor in this discussion and you have every right to be upset, just as much right as if this were your retirement gift to yourself, your first new vehicle purchase after working 40 years in the factory and after two tours in ā€˜Nam, etc etc.

Having said that, and as has been pointed out, this is definitely an opportunity to shoot for a better price and re-evaluate some of your options like the whole leather debacle. Donā€™t feel too bummed out; a year from now this will all be a distant memory. Just remember the wisdom of Spock... sometimes having is not so pleasant a thing as wanting.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
When my daughter graduated from college, her first major purchase was a new 2012 Wrangler Sport S. She kept it for 7 years and 90k miles.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cjanak21

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber Security Consultant
TLDR: Jeep dealer ordered the wrong Jeep from the factory for me and is beyond incompetent.

My sister and I ordered two brand new Jeeps last month in person at the dealership. I ordered mine first with the dealer which was a loaded 2021 Rubicon, and she ordered a loaded 2021 High Altitude. Both Jeeps were white but many unique options between the two. My jeep came in 4 weeks on the dot and hers right under 6 weeks. Went to the dealership today to pick them up and there were two exact same white High Altitude editions thereā€¦.. BEYOND PISSED. Nothing they can do but to order me a brand new Jeep from the factory again. I now have to wait another god knows how many weeks for mine to be done while my sister gets to drive her beautiful new Jeep all around townā€¦ if you order a Jeep from a dealer please please please make sure they order the correct one and donā€™t make a huge F$ā€$ing mistake like they did with mine which will ruin half of my summer.

Wondering if anyone ever went through this BS before???
UPDATE:: Jeep is beginning the build process and the estimated ship out date is June 17th. Pickup from dealer should be around June 23rd.

Wonder

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUR (aka Juno) - Hydro Blue
UPDATE:: Jeep is beginning the build process and the estimated ship out date is June 17th. Pickup from dealer should be around June 23rd.
Meanwhile, I'm still waiting here for an order I placed in Feb.
Count your blessings.
Sponsored