Sponsored

Terrible Radio Reception

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Read the TSB...it addresses the static and cut outs that some are experiencing with UConnect.
As I said ... that update is not for the 8.4 Infotainment Center. It is for the 4 and 7 radio only.
Sponsored

W5MQS

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Wrangler Rubicon JLU; 2020 Mercedes GLB 250; 2013 Red Ford F-150 4x4
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Interventional Cardiology
I stand corrected...I see what you're speaking about...my bad. Sorry. :headbang:

digger

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Challenger, 99 Fat Boy, 2017 Camaro convertable,2 f350 trucks,2011 Grand Cherokee, 2009 Patriot
@digger

Just so your understand the setup...

The satellite receiver on the JL and the AM/FM radio antenna are two different animals.

You have a mast antenna that is solely for AM/FM reception.

As far as Sirius/XM satellite radio, the "satellite radio receiver" is what is used for SiriusXM reception.

DO KNOW that MANY JL/JLU owner's here have posted that SiriusXM reception is very poor in regard to their vehicle.

On the Wrangler JK and JL, the "satellite radio receiver" for use with SiriusXM resides up on top of the sound bar/roll bar, just above and behind the passenger.

Thanks for the info. Dealer said they would have to start taking it apart to diagnose. The fm radio either works or it doesn't, when it doesn't, it seeks through the entire radio range as if there is not antenna then lands on the one station where the tower is 1/4 mile behind my house. sometimes after several minutes it gets reception and then I get every station. The sat radio spins looking for signal.

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
No issue here

jmgrant41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara JLU
I've had my JLU for a little over a week and just noticed the FM/AM radio was not coming in on any channel. I checked the lower passenger kick panel and sure enough, the antenna coming in through the fender well was disconnected from the cable running into the back of the UConnect. I reconnected and everything is working fine now.

Sponsored

SRQClementine

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wranger
I've had my JLU for a little over a week and just noticed the FM/AM radio was not coming in on any channel. I checked the lower passenger kick panel and sure enough, the antenna coming in through the fender well was disconnected from the cable running into the back of the UConnect. I reconnected and everything is working fine now.
Can you share pictures of the spot you found the fix for? My AM/FM doesn’t work either. Thank you.

Bagwel

First Name
Bagwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara; 2013 JKU Rubicon
There is an option on the screen for “HD” however I’ve not noticed a difference when turning it off and on.

It has to be a wiring issue, just today I tuned through all FM channels and was lucky to hear anything besides static. I will contact Jeep to see if anyone else has reported a similar issue.
I realize you posted this 6 months ago, but I'm having the same issue in my new JLU. For the first week, everything was fine. Now all of a sudden, I can't get jack sh!t for FM reception!

Did you ever find a fix for your issue??

SRQClementine

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wranger
I realize you posted this 6 months ago, but I'm having the same issue in my new JLU. For the first week, everything was fine. Now all of a sudden, I can't get jack sh!t for FM reception!

Did you ever find a fix for your issue??
Same. And am too.

OP
OP
themattparty

themattparty

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Unfortunately, I have yet to find a fix. The only solution Jeep offered me when I contacted them was to take it in to dealership and let them take it apart. The dealership quoted me a 5-7 days, which I wasn't going to do. So as of right now I am hoping a recall or something is issued. Luckily I hardly ever use my FM radio, but it is very annoying to say the least. Especially for how much we pay for these vehicles.

First Name
Houston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Just wondering if this is a common occurrence or just an issue with my JLU, but ever since I have owned my new Rubicon I have had TERRIBLE radio reception. I realize that a large amount of people will just use Carplay or Bluetooth for music...but sometimes I take a quick trip and forget my phone or just want to listen to the radio. Extremely static/white noise/terrible reception for nearly every station. Also, I live in Houston, TX so its a major city, i'm not in the middle of the wilderness.

Anyone else? Potential fix?
I have had that same problem, went with an aftermarket stubby antenna........no help. Did you get a resolution?

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Houston Hammer

So, you think an 'aftermarket stubby antenna" is going to better your radio reception. Think again...

First Name
Houston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
no I didn't think that, I liked the look of the stubby antenna.
but thanks for commenting, your insight was so helpful.

dave.j.fisher

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Has anyone found a solution to the FM radio reception issues? I've had enough, taking it in soon. I did my best to check the antenna connection under the glove box and kick plate. I don't see any bad connections. Has anyone had this fixed by the dealer?