swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I misplaced the big red Z automotive stickered part in this pic. I was digging around and saw that I still have the all black part plugged in.

What is that? Can I still do anything without the part you unplug to update?

Jeep Wrangler JL Tazer Parts? tazer

edit: Evidently its the bypass module, so I guess I can keep it in and use Jscan and don't have to use bypass cables? Talking to a duck here, that sounds right to me.

edit2: But it's not plugged into those 2 slots, it IS plugged into two cables that look a lot like them if not exactly though. It's plugged in way lower.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I misplaced the big red Z automotive stickered part in this pic. I was digging around and saw that I still have the all black part plugged in.

What is that? Can I still do anything without the part you unplug to update?

tazer.png

edit: Evidently its the bypass module, so I guess I can keep it in and use Jscan and don't have to use bypass cables? Talking to a duck here, that sounds right to me.

edit2: But it's not plugged into those 2 slots, it IS plugged into two cables that look a lot like them if not exactly though. It's plugged in way lower.
Yes, that black module plugged in at the security gateway to those two cables is a security gateway bypass.

YES, you can use it as your security gateway bypass module rather then Chrysler cables when using JSCAN and a Bluetooth Scan Tool.