Regear and Tazer

JC7

First Name
Jdog
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Hey guys dropped the Jeep off today for a regear. The other day I had to disconnect the battery for an unrelated mod. On the way to the shop I noticed my speedo was incorrect and thus Tazer no longer in effect. Now the shop, who has no experience with the Tazer is now going to reinstall the Tazer AND calibrate it for the new gears... is this necessary? Or can I wait and do it myself? I’m almost tempted just to buy a flashcal from them just so it’s correct. Advice would be appreciated.
Sponsored

OP
OP
JC7

JC7

First Name
Jdog
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
I have the Tazer Mini, if it makes a difference.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Why would you need a flashcal if you already have the Tazer? There is no need to pay the shop to do anything with calibration, it's super simple to do yourself.

OP
OP
JC7

JC7

First Name
Jdog
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Why would you need a flashcal if you already have the Tazer? There is no need to pay the shop to do anything with calibration, it's super simple to do yourself.
Just so it would be done with something they know rather than have them screwing around with the Tazer. The more I’m reading it seems fine to drive it without reprogramming immediately, just not preferable. My concern was the gears being done and them not knowing what to do from there and messing something up driving it while the Jeep still things it’s running 4.10s.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Just so it would be done with something they know rather than have them screwing around with the Tazer. The more I’m reading it seems fine to drive it without reprogramming immediately, just not preferable. My concern was the gears being done and them not knowing what to do from there and messing something up driving it while the Jeep still things it’s running 4.10s.
I mean, your transmission shifts will be off if you have an auto, but I can't see that causing any problems on their test drives. If they are adamant tell them you'll come set it up for them after the install.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JC7

JC7

First Name
Jdog
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
I mean, your transmission shifts will be off if you have an auto, but I can't see that causing any problems on their test drives. If they are adamant tell them you'll come set it up for them after the install.
Ty sir. Appreciate the advice.

Brosef

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 392
any shop with the competency to swap gears should have the intellect to figure out the Tazer. while I don't own one, I looked into it as I plan to get one here shortly and they seem fool proof to use

OP
OP
JC7

JC7

First Name
Jdog
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
any shop with the competency to swap gears should have the intellect to figure out the Tazer. while I don't own one, I looked into it as I plan to get one here shortly and they seem fool proof to use
I’m with you in spirit.

b1er

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubicon, '18 JL Sport, 1980 El Camino, 1969 Olds 442
before my swap the other day, the shop asked me to reprogram my Tazer for the gears before they started work... said they had a couple that went into a "limp mode" and wouldn't move more than about 5 mph... they said if they did it that way, they didn't have that problem... <shrug>

I had no issues after the swap...

Reactions: JC7
OP
OP
JC7

JC7

First Name
Jdog
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
before my swap the other day, the shop asked me to reprogram my Tazer for the gears before they started work... said they had a couple that went into a "limp mode" and wouldn't move more than about 5 mph... they said if they did it that way, they didn't have that problem... <shrug>
I should probably send their asses step by step Tazer instructions tonight. :( @Rhinebeck01 I’m sure you have a PDF ready to go for a fellow jeeper ! Lol

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU

I had no issues after the swap...
That's a great idea.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
We have standard transmission but for some reason my speedo wasn’t off much when we went to 5.13s then where it was with 37s. Gears made a huge difference in drivability though. Only negative is it dings about auto start and says it isn’t available. Need to use the tazer to turn that off and see what happens. As far as programming, it’s just a matter of scrolling to the right ratio and selecting it

Brett

Reactions: JC7
OP
OP
JC7

JC7

First Name
Jdog
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon