Tazer/ light issue

Jarsenault87

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sahara
Ok so Im having an issue with my 2018 JLU Sahara. I previously installed a set of sequential LED turn signal/marker lights on the fender in place of the factory Halogen. I used the Tazer to set the BCM to accept the lights and they worked flawlessly for the past few months. This week I replaced my front bumper and disconnected the running light wire going from the fender to the fogs that have a halo option.
After I was completed I wanted to changed a few settings in the Tazer menu for the turn signals.

Now Im having an issue where only the passenger side is working correctly and the drivers side running lights and rear turn signal work, but getting an error showing front turn signal out.

I dont seem to have any voltage from ground to any pin in the front wire harness going to the turn signal. Is this a glitch due to the Tazer? I cant find a fuse or relay that controls these any where else.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
@Jarsenault87 i had a similar issue, I have Beamtech LED headlamps in my halogen housings and recently went to iBrightstar LED DRL bulbs and all was well but when I installed LED front turn bulbs even though they worked normally from the outside I was getting the dreadful hyper flash and bulb out warning inside on the right passenger side.

I don’t use a Tazer anymore but use JSCAN and set to LED like you but still got the error message so I reached out to the JSCAN folks and they advised that the CANBUS system is very picky on the JL and looks for a certain voltage and the more LEDS added to one circuit can give you errors even though it’s set to LED but they have an option in JSCAN to not only set to LED but to ignore voltage alarms so the bulb out can be turned off but the downside is if you have a bulb go out you won’t get a warning but that in my case, not sure how the Tazer programming is written to address this.

I initially ran like this for awhile but ended up getting LED bulbs from Oracle that work fine without turning off the voltage alarms but still have all set to LED and have no issues.

OP
OP

Jarsenault87

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sahara
@Jarsenault87 i had a similar issue, I have Beamtech LED headlamps in my halogen housings and recently went to iBrightstar LED DRL bulbs and all was well but when I installed LED front turn bulbs even though they worked normally from the outside I was getting the dreadful hyper flash and bulb out warning inside on the right passenger side.

I don’t use a Tazer anymore but use JSCAN and set to LED like you but still got the error message so I reached out to the JSCAN folks and they advised that the CANBUS system is very picky on the JL and looks for a certain voltage and the more LEDS added to one circuit can give you errors even though it’s set to LED but they have an option in JSCAN to not only set to LED but to ignore voltage alarms so the bulb out can be turned off but the downside is if you have a bulb go out you won’t get a warning but that in my case, not sure how the Tazer programming is written to address this.

I initially ran like this for awhile but ended up getting LED bulbs from Oracle that work fine without turning off the voltage alarms but still have all set to LED and have no issues.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
@WranglerMan

ill have to check into it. Thank you for the response
One other option if it’s due to the lack of voltage the system is seeing due to LED’s is add some resistance to the line with a water proof resistor but the reason I don’t like using them is they get very hot so they have to be located away from wires and plastic.
Sponsored