Possible Tazer issue?

foofykid

First Name
Dan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Tj
Vehicle Showcase
This started a little after i installed the Tazer on my JL. It seems like whenever i get wheel slip i get a malfunction warning on the stability control, stability warning light comes on anlong with that auto stop/start is disabled. If i shutdown and restart the Jeep it goes back to normal. I got 37's and my Tazer is setup to disable stop/start when i start the Jeep. Anyone else getting this error on the JL with a Tazer? I look and seen not recent updates for the Tazer im not sure what else to do.

Advertisement

OP

foofykid

First Name
Dan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Tj
Vehicle Showcase
Just plugged in my OBD2 scanner, no light on the dash but it pulled a u0140 Lost Comm with body module

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S / GMC 1500AT 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
check to make sure the Tazer cables are properly connected/fully locked in.

boontis

First Name
Kevin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited 2.0L
I don't have a tazer but I was searching this morning and found this thread. I had some weirdness happen over the last week...

- I used JSCAN to update tire size and TPMS settings about 4 weeks ago
- Did not leave OBD scanner/bypass plugged in - after I was done I plugged everything back in as stock
- this past Saturday I was driving down a narrow road and as an oncoming vehicle approached I got way over to the right in the snow where the passenger wheels were off the crown of the road and I had to turn the wheels significantly to the left to keep going straight. I had traction control off (do this all the time so I can have some fun in the snow :) ) - and all of a sudden I got the "Service stability control" warning on the dash - and the stability warning light came on.
- after 5 mins of driving on dry road the light turned off and I haven't seen it since.
- yesterday my wife sent me a pic of the jeep and the auto start/stop light was on - on the dash. She had not disabled it herself (she had no idea what the light was and was worried!)
- after turning off, getting gas, turning back on - the start/stop was back to normal with no lights

Anyways - just thought I would share as this may not be related to the Tazer at all...

I wonder if resizing the tires in general causes the computer to struggle with stability control? You'd think updating it to the actual tire size would help the computer as opposed to causing issues tho?

Advertisement

Tri-City Jeep

Advertisement