Tazer JL Mini - locking up ABS

OBJLU

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Just an FYI, if you do an axle swap and update your Tazer JL to the latest firmware and your ABS locks up try disconnecting the module from your JEEP. I've been troubleshooting this issue since I swapped in my new rear end and finally decided to remove the tazer but not unmarry so that I keep the programming. Long story short, it resolved my ABS lights and lockup issues I was having.
Sponsored

morlan52

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Occupation
SCADA Engineer
Just an FYI, if you do an axle swap and update your Tazer JL to the latest firmware and your ABS locks up try disconnecting the module from your JEEP. I've been troubleshooting this issue since I swapped in my new rear end and finally decided to remove the tazer but not unmarry so that I keep the programming. Long story short, it resolved my ABS lights and lockup issues I was having.
Is this the new BrakeHold feature that ZAuto released in the new firmware? Apparently it's enabled by default and engages anytime you hold the brakes for 2 seconds while in drive. I disabled it on mine as it did the same thing to me and kind of freaked me out :LOL:

OP
OP

OBJLU

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Is this the new BrakeHold feature that ZAuto released in the new firmware? Apparently it's enabled by default and engages anytime you hold the brakes for 2 seconds while in drive. I disabled it on mine as it did the same thing to me and kind of freaked me out :LOL:
Lmao that might be it haha I thought it was activated via the steering wheel though

morlan52

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Occupation
SCADA Engineer
Lmao that might be it haha I thought it was activated via the steering wheel though
I thought so too but if your 'ABS' and 'BRAKE' lights were flashing, that was it. It disengages when you hit the gas.

Kind of a cool feature but not sure I'd ever consciously use it haha

OP
OP

OBJLU

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I thought so too but if your 'ABS' and 'BRAKE' lights were flashing, that was it. It disengages when you hit the gas.

Kind of a cool feature but not sure I'd ever consciously use it haha
Haha ok that’s exactly what was happening, it scared the crap out of me when I was on Cadillac Hill during my rubicon trial run!!!!

Sponsored

morlan52

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Occupation
SCADA Engineer
Jeep Wrangler JL Tazer JL Mini - locking up ABS Mandalorian-This-Is-The-Way-Quote
Sponsored