Sponsored

Tan Soft Tops

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
I think the tan soft top will look better with some other colors - Ocean Blue like mine for example. Probably Firecracker Red as well. I do not like it on the Mojito.

I will consider getting a tan one for mine when they become more widely available. I always thought blue and black (color of my soft top) clash (hence why I got the color matched hardtop and color matched fenders).
Sponsored

Firecracker18

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Jeep, Honda Lawnmower
Occupation
Commercial Insurance
No offense, but what the heck is wrong with those tan tops except the very first pics - they are all wrinkled/loose fitting looking?? The (black) soft tops on the Jeeps at the dealer when I bought mine were all tight fitting - even on the Unlimited. Or is this something nobody considers with a Jeep anymore?

And to the original question on color - the tan looks great with red too. Just depends on shade but it can look sharp on black too. Remember back in the day when you got tan you got ALL tan - dash, seats, doors, etc. Same with any other colors - thank god Jeep never brought in blue or worst of all red interiors. YUCK! My favorite would be a forest green metallic paint with tan....but that era was here and gone in the 90's (don't know if Jeep offered it though).

Firecracker18

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Jeep, Honda Lawnmower
Occupation
Commercial Insurance
With the exception of this post I've never seen tan on Any JL to be honest. Even rarer it seems is the Hella Yella paint (might look good with tan too). But I'm not of a fan of the soft top in general as I HATED my 2003 for loading anything into the back due to that bar across the tailgate and just look too close at the plastic windows and they'll scratch. Otherwise it was neat and convenient to drop it.

Sponsored

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Very long time lurker but first time poster,

Finally have the cash saved to buy a JL. My first jeep was an 89. Anyway I searched the forum and didn't see any pictures or post about the tan soft top... specifically on a 2 door. I see its available on the jeep builder but, no examples except a couple mock ups using photoshop.
;)I don't know what everyone's problem is. Tan and soft tops have always appeared pleasant to me.

tansoftop.jpg

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
I placed my order for 2 Dr Rubicon Mojito with tan seats... wanted tan top but was not able to get it as the factory rejected order and said will just have to sit and wait for it to become available. So I said I will take a hard top painted Mojito... Now it been several months and tan soft top still not available and rumors have it that side windows blow out at highway speeds and frame and tan top alignment issues.

So happy with my hardtop. Have a hoist and it take less time to put on and off then you think... garage Jeep at night and if hard top off and it is rainy, just wait a day to drive it as I like the top off and use my Spiderweb sun screen and it great day in the mountains and on the trails.

Hope this helps you formulate a plan....

Happy Jeeping.

kjone013

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 JLUR MOJITO! (3.6, auto, loaded)
Occupation
Army
This was on my dealer lot. It was a Sunday so they werenā€™t open and it was squeezed in the middle of the line so this is the best picture I got.

E0B53BC5-2E34-4D00-A128-A53BE07958EA.jpeg

Sponsored

Weedwacker

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley
This was on my dealer lot. It was a Sunday so they werenā€™t open and it was squeezed in the middle of the line so this is the best picture I got.

E0B53BC5-2E34-4D00-A128-A53BE07958EA.jpeg
The blue w/tan top looks nice. I am not crazy about the tan interior though. It is just too light for my taste. It needs to be darker like the top in your pic.

kjone013

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 JLUR MOJITO! (3.6, auto, loaded)
Occupation
Army
The blue w/tan top looks nice. I am not crazy about the tan interior though. It is just too light for my taste. It needs to be darker like the top in your pic.
I kinda liked the tan seats. Then I saw the black center console sticking out between them and that turned me off of the tan. If the center was tan also then I think I wouldā€™ve considered it more.

Weedwacker

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley
I kinda liked the tan seats. Then I saw the black center console sticking out between them and that turned me off of the tan. If the center was tan also then I think I wouldā€™ve considered it more.
That is a solid no-no for me also. Never understood that from the manufacturers. I realize that it is a cost/supply thing but it is also an aesthetic thing for a majority of purchasers. Most people want the interior to have one solid theme going on. Maybe some pleasing accents but nothing glaring like that.

Hell, the red dash on the Rubi is still giving me an issue...

CatskillsAlex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-door Rubicon
@sjl136
@kacper244
(And other opinions welcome too!)

Just curious how your tan tops have been holding up, and if you have any new pictures to share?
I have a 2-door Sting Gray Rubicon JL, and spring has me thinking about soft tops... While black is the obvious and safe choice, I canā€™t help but be tempted by the less common tan. However I canā€™t find many pictures (none so far on a Sting Gray), and Iā€™m also a little worried about how quickly it will get dirty or show marks. Any feedback or new pictures would be most welcome!
Hope youā€™re all enjoying mud season in your JLs. :like:
Sponsored