mreloc

mreloc

First Name
ME
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Altitude; VWGTI
Test drive? Mine was the 200 mile trip home after paying for it. Stop worrying and enjoy it. There’s probably a half a percent that have poor steering and another percent that think it should drive like their bmw they just traded in.
This and the rest of the replies are really appreciated and brought me back down to earth hahaha. Thank you!
Sponsored

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)
Chris, I see you also have Toyo Open Country AT tires. How do you like them, and how do they compare to the stock tires? I LOVE mine; I had a set of them on my previous FJ Cruiser. Switching to them solved ALL of my steering problems. I also took them off-road today in very thick and deep mud, and sugar sand. They performed perfectly!
I love the TOYO Open Country ATs. The ride is great!!!!

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Good luck. Only thing I could add would be for sure get it on the freeway and get it up to 70 MPH. That is when mine was the worse. When I test drove I did the around the block thing and was way to excited to even notice.

firemk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S (Punk'n)
Pick up your Jeep and enjoy it. You normally only read about complaints from unhappy owners who are far out numbered by owners with only minor or no problems. Any vehicle manufactured can have some issue and there are unhappy owners. My 2018 JLU now has over 38,000 miles with only minor issues. My radio had an issue and was replaced. The rear defogger wire fell off and was repaired. If you have a problem, let the dealership fix it. It sounds like you are probably dealing with a good dealership considering the fact they let you order two different vehicles to choose from. It looks to me that your only worry today is choosing which vehicle to take home tomorrow!!!

Have a good Thanksgiving!!!!!!!

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Congrats on your upcoming JL!
One other thing, be sure to keep your original window sticker since it actually says it was built just for you w/ your name on it :)
Have no doubt you're going to leave that Jeep dealer happy~!

Sponsored

debandi

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2 door Jeep Rubicon
Congrats on your purchase. Bring a tire gauge. 36 psi and you are gonna love it!!!!!!
Happy Thanksgiving!!!

OP
OP
mreloc

mreloc

First Name
ME
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Altitude; VWGTI
Well I test drove it and - well- I can’t say that the steering is perfect (it was windy in LA) with a small amount of need for correction, a small dead spot in the steering at speed (hard to tell how much of one- but no dead spot at idle) and maybe the wheel cocked to the right a touch sometimes, but again, can’t tell if it’s real or if I’ve just psyched myself out by reading so much here!

truth is, there is no other vehicle I want right now- save maybe a G wagon that aren’t even available to see at the local Benz dealer, so I took it and it is shoehorned into my tiny LA garage lol. Let’s see how I settle into the steering over the next bit of time before I jump to conclusions.

77F9353E-C59D-4D45-A333-096DF50AB1F8.jpeg

63DFB531-2F32-4A26-AA04-CA5897022EF7.jpeg

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Nice! Congrats, and gotta agree about that color :)

Sponsored

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
Gorgeous!!! It’s beautiful and I know you’ll love it as much as the rest of us do! :clap::clap: Looks like your Jeep barely fits in there :CWL:

jl73660

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moving on up .....
I would be nervous also. Its like russian roulet. Just things to watch out for based on my experiences, Wind Intrusion coming from the passenger side A Pillar and from the Freedom Panels.... (alleged to be just Jeep Thing- I call BS on that!) Assuming your buying a hard top put your hands up where the freedom panel seam is above the visors at 50mph plus and see if you feel the air intruding. And is there excessive wind noise from passenger side of the vehicle. In addition to the overall steering feel, make sure you test steering at 55+ mph and check whether the steering wheel itself is properly aligned and centered or is it always cocked off to the left or right and is it noticeably off center when simply driving straight down the road. Best of luck hopefully you get a good one !
Sponsored