Sponsored

Tailgate table recommendations?

rent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Beg everyone’s pardon for a dumb question that I probably could research on my own, but do these tables fit with a Quadratec cargo liner? The one I have has a high lip that looks like it goes all the way to the rear door. Guessing it is one or the either/or for me, or major cutting of the mat.

Also… do all these tables require permanent holes to be drilled in the door?
Not sure about the cargo liner.

The Outback table does not require drilling. It comes with nutserts that go into existing holes. You then attach the table to the nutserts.

I imagine most others would not require drilling either.
Sponsored

CWRUYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Beg everyone’s pardon for a dumb question that I probably could research on my own, but do these tables fit with a Quadratec cargo liner? The one I have has a high lip that looks like it goes all the way to the rear door. Guessing it is one or the either/or for me, or major cutting of the mat.

Also… do all these tables require permanent holes to be drilled in the door?
I think there was a thread around here somewhere that the Quadratec mat did need to be trimmed down for a tailgate table.

For the Trailgater (Adventure Outback) tailgate table, plastic blind nutserts were included, that fit in the oval holes, so no drilling involved.

webwbr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Sting Gray
Occupation
Amateur Cynic/Professional Skeptic
I think there was a thread around here somewhere that the Quadratec mat did need to be trimmed down for a tailgate table.

For the Trailgater (Adventure Outback) tailgate table, plastic blind nutserts were included, that fit in the oval holes, so no drilling involved.
Many thanks… I’ll try to hunt up that thread to see how much butchering I’ll need to do to make it fit.

ozon8r

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 Hydro Blue
Build Thread
Link
Many thanks… I’ll try to hunt up that thread to see how much butchering I’ll need to do to make it fit.
I have both the Outback table and the quadratec liner and didn’t have to trim the liner with the outback table. Third pic shows gate closed looking down on the liner. Btw, huge fan of both the outback table which also had on my JKUR and the liner which also have on my Cherokee. Good luck.

Jeep Wrangler JL Tailgate table recommendations? F8EDAEDC-12AC-430E-82F1-EF6D09A8D0FF

Jeep Wrangler JL Tailgate table recommendations? 75EEBD64-A959-4942-9064-0465CAAC92EB

Jeep Wrangler JL Tailgate table recommendations? 81D63CDE-DAE8-45AB-BCAB-2B9E12E5E2F0

Jeep Wrangler JL Tailgate table recommendations? 6AE96515-7627-4A77-8ACC-4A6BAE927A7F

Sponsored

Mugzzzee

First Name
Hal (aka Mugs)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Retired since 2004
It is really hard to beat the Outback Adventure Products tailgate table. Clearly, it is not the budget option. However, the quality and customer service is superb. I get a lot of compliments.
Fortunately, there are many alternatives. It is all a matter of what works for you.

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
just picnicing at a beach up here in NorCal, but the Outback Adventures Trailgater table worked a treat.

was fairly easy to install; haven't had to deal with Customer Service.

Jeep Wrangler JL Tailgate table recommendations? IMG_2728.JPG

EDIT:
note; i went with the Outback partly for ease of cleaning its smooth surfaces. had i not gone this way, the Rock Slide looks like it might have been a nice option with its second level, but i could never see one IRL to judge whether i thought it was finished smoothly enough.
Sponsored

Last edited: