Tailgate Table recommendations?

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
So forever I have laughed at the concept of Tailgating. I never thought of myself as one who would allow himself to be caught dead hanging out around the trunk of his vehicle, and calling it a good time or fun. In the age of Covid-19 I find myself hanging out around the rear of my Jeep almost weekly. Hell, just yesterday, took the kids to Burger King and we ended up hanging out around the open gate of my Jeep, and having a great time. Pretty much all of the breweries in my area have converted their parking lots into outside seating areas. Thus when ever I roll in for a beer, I already know to bring chairs, so that I can open the gate and have a couple of IPAs. Funniest thing is each and every time I have done this it has resulted in a good time. So it has been on my mind to invest in a good tailgate table. Thus can anyone suggest a good one and of course pics pics and more pics.
Sponsored

Myron

First Name
Myron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler, 1964 Land Rover SIIA 88
It's a useful thing. Happily, there are tons of threads kicking the pros and cons of the different models around that you can peruse.

After doing my own research recently, I ended up with the Trailgater from Outback Adventure products. It's incredibly well made, and very thoughtfully designed to install in the JL's existing tailgate holes. It's also the most expensive at $345.

Good luck.

OP
OP

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
It's a useful thing. Happily, there are tons of threads kicking the pros and cons of the different models around that you can peruse.

After doing my own research recently, I ended up with the Trailgater from Outback Adventure products. It's incredibly well made, and very thoughtfully designed to install in the JL's existing tailgate holes. It's also the most expensive at $345.

Good luck.
Thanks I was just looking at some videos on this one. I seem to keep ending up with "The Most expensive" :) . I will definitely look into this one.

Gellie

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
It's a useful thing, even for us non-MAGA types. Happily, there are tons of threads kicking the pros and cons of the different models around that you can peruse.

Good luck.
Thx. That looks incredibly well made. Another mod on the list.

Sponsored

Cthehentz

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I to have been looking, leaning towards one without cup holes and no cables.

OP
OP

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I am also shopping for a tailgate table. I looked at the trailgater but for the price this Frontrunner model looks desirable for 185.00 shipped

https://www.frontrunneroutfitters.com/en/us/vehicle-specific-gear/drop-down-tailgate-table.html
I had my finger on the button for this one today, but I happened to read a few reviews on Amazon (not many reviews on there) and it said the wood used is really cheap. However I guess that doesn't matter since we can cut our own wood for that. Waiting for some reviews on here about it.

Rustydog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
I like that Front Runner unit. I have the Mopar one which I like, but you run out of space quick. Any table that has a pull out add-on that doesn't rattle is best in my book.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU

Overland Productions

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadsupplyco.com
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Vehicle Showcase
I had my finger on the button for this one today, but I happened to read a few reviews on Amazon (not many reviews on there) and it said the wood used is really cheap. However I guess that doesn't matter since we can cut our own wood for that. Waiting for some reviews on here about it.
I get that the slide out material is a concern. However, how useful is a pullout cutting board with no support underneath? I doubt i could trim a slab of meat for the grill or chop cilantro without it bouncing and vibrating to absolute frustration. I think it could hold my coffee grinds at best while a burner runs on the actual table surface. Maybe replace it with a metal slide out extension with roller bearings. But then we're up to 350.00 again, aren't we?

OP
OP

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I think these things have become essential equipment now in the age of covid.

OP
OP

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I get that the slide out material is a concern. However, how useful is a pullout cutting board with no support underneath? I doubt i could trim a slab of meat for the grill or chop cilantro without it bouncing and vibrating to absolute frustration. I think it could hold my coffee grinds at best while a burner runs on the actual table surface. Maybe replace it with a metal slide out extension with roller bearings. But then we're up to 350.00 again, aren't we?
Or even drill a round hole in it as a cup holder. Your right it probably wont be that sturdy, but the extra real estate has gotta be nice.

OP
OP

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I'm going to pull the trigger on something tomorrow. This way I have it for the weekend.
Sponsored