Sponsored

Tailgate Table - compare

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
I went with the Rock Slide table for a few reasons but the double shelves and maximum weight limit pushed me over the top on this one. It does rattle a bit when you close the tailgate but I've gotten used to that. As far as driving goes, I've never really heard it rattle but I usually have the radio on.
I really like how a Weber Q1200 grill fits right on it with the top shelf acting as a tire heat shield.
(Never mind the old-school apparel, it was very appropriate for the event)
Jeep Wrangler JL Tailgate Table - compare 20210418_130549(License Plate Blur)
Sponsored

CWRUYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
The RSE table will rattle. No if and or buts. Can you add foam adhesive in select places and get it quiet? Yes. The table is well designed, takes up little space when stowed. I would buy again, but as delivered it rattles. But I also believe all that are made of metal will rattle also.
I can't speak to other metal tailgate tables, but the Trailgater by Outback Adventures doesn't rattle.

I had a 2013 JKUR that I wheeled extensively (Rausch Creek, Windrock) with a JK Trailgater--totally silent. I now have a JLURD with the new JL Trailgater and it's silent as well.

Tpom

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Along with the others that have posted about it, the Outback Adventure Products tailgate table is a solid and well built table. I have no rattle. Will last the life of the Jeep and then some.

Jeep Wrangler JL Tailgate Table - compare tailgate table

overcrawler

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vector by far. Had multiple myself. Largest surface area, most usable space, no rattles and easiest to deploy.

Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I was thinking about this one but really am hung up on the star cut-outs. But the two-shelf setup is really enticing. Does this one rattle at all?
The Rock Star also rattles really badly off road. I took mine off it was so bad.

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
IME if the Mopar table should rattle just bend the upper clip up a bit. This preloads the hasp more and holds it tight.

I ass-ume the RC is of similar design.

I just welded up the "cupholders" in my Mopar table. Holes in a table are dumb unless they're threaded and it's a welding layout bench ;)

I just installed a Front Runner in a JK and damn is it sensitive to height. Too high and the slide out won't slide out, but too low and the tg won't close. Their instructions are piss poor in this regard as they tell you to come down 45mm from a HEAVILY radiused corner which slopes above it, ie there are no good reference points. Hopefully JL install is better (they appear to use the same table for both)
Sponsored