Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
No trying to derail the thread of comparing the two you listed but when I went on my search I decided I did not want cup holder or molle pack slots and went with this one from Outback Adventures and my Blackstone griddle fits perfect.

This table is built solid and will last forever

Jeep Wrangler JL Tailgate Table - compare 6B0D979B-4D28-48AD-BE5B-8A3428C15A38
Jeep Wrangler JL Tailgate Table - compare A6ED9BF9-FC57-4081-A088-E8D084AE5F3B

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
I recently got the Rough Country table. It seems solid so far, no rattles, pretty easy installation. But I can't compare as I've not seen the Mopar one in person.

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
I have the Rockslide Engineering tray. I picked this one over the others because it's huge, has 2 shelves (the top shelf can be folded up) and still folds up easily adding only 1" to the tailgate. The only thing I don't care for are the star logos on the sides but the functionality of the shelf more than makes up for that.
Jeep Wrangler JL Tailgate Table - compare 20210414_144028

It's even big enough to hold a Weber grill and the top shelf acts as a convenient heat shield for the spare tire.
Jeep Wrangler JL Tailgate Table - compare 20210414_144140

Fits JK & JL but JK requires some drilling. JL does not.
https://rockslideengineering.com/product/trail-tailgate-table-2/

Sponsored

MRH512

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Rockslide Engineering tray. I picked this one over the others because it's huge, has 2 shelves (the top shelf can be folded up) and still folds up easily adding only 1" to the tailgate. The only thing I don't care for are the star logos on the sides but the functionality of the shelf more than makes up for that.

It's even big enough to hold a Weber grill and the top shelf acts as a convenient heat shield for the spare tire.

Fits JK & JL but JK requires some drilling. JL does not.
https://rockslideengineering.com/product/trail-tailgate-table-2/
I was thinking about this one but really am hung up on the star cut-outs. But the two-shelf setup is really enticing. Does this one rattle at all?

AnebuR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon + 2014 JK Sport S
I went with Front Runner. Painted the cutting board to match my JLR and added a molle panel to the bottom of it

Jeep Wrangler JL Tailgate Table - compare 20200818_155236

Jeep Wrangler JL Tailgate Table - compare 20200818_155303

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Wondering if anyone has purchased the Rough Country brand, tons cheaper?
Just received and installed my RC tailgate table today. Install is basically the same as the Mopar table. Quality is top notch. Went for a quick drive around the block and the table is dead silent. I couldn't see spending the money for the Mopar branded table, when this one is available.

Tdkrum5

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 White JLU Altitude
Vehicle Showcase
Just received and installed my RC tailgate table today. Install is basically the same as the Mopar table. Quality is top notch. Went for a quick drive around the block and the table is dead silent. I couldn't see spending the money for the Mopar branded table, when this one is available.
Let’s see some pictures!!!

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
I was thinking about this one but really am hung up on the star cut-outs. But the two-shelf setup is really enticing. Does this one rattle at all?
I haven't experienced rattling but others say they have. Mine came with two little silicon stick-on bumpers on the side brackets so maybe rattling was an issue but they resolved it by securing the side brackets with the bumpers when it is closed.

It is a magnetic latch though so sometimes when you close the tailgate there is some rattling. It sounds like the magnetic latch sometimes opens up from the force of the gate closing but it always quickly closes itself again. It's only attached by 3 screws along the top so I added a strip of foam weather stripping at the bottom in case that caused rattling.

I know exactly what you mean about being hung up on the stars but once I look at the massive amount of tray space it provides I forget about those dumb stars.

Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Let’s see some pictures!!!
Maybe tomorrow. It's dinner time here and the weather has taken a turn for the worse.

Honestly, it looks just as it does in the website pics. It is pretty much the same as the Mopar one, other than having the RC in the upper left corner and the MOLLE slots being different on the table.

mqbradley

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon Unlimited
Thinking about getting a tailgate table for 21 JKU.
Wondering if anyone has purchased the Rough Country brand, tons cheaper? vs. Mopar? Get what you pay for, but is there really a huge quality difference?

https://www.roughcountry.com/jeep-j...nd=2021-jeep-wrangler-jl-unlimited-4wd-756574

Jeep Wrangler JL Tailgate Table - compare 20200818_155303
I cannot seem to find any real difference between the Mopar table and the RC table. I cannot figure out why the Mopar table cost SOOooo much more money. The RC table holds up to 75lbs. I believe that is considerably more than the Mopar table. I'm waiting for my RC table to arrive shortly. I just cannot find the justification for spending so much more money for the Mopar table.

cptchunk

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I’ve had the RC table on mine for a couple months now and have absolutely no complaints. It handled the 3 straight days of wheeling and the 1500+ miles I’ve put on the Jeep since having it installed.

It has even held up to a couple of rain showers (had Jeep in safari mode and got some unexpected rain) and no noticeable rust or finish issues.

PDelena

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't experienced rattling but others say they have. Mine came with two little silicon stick-on bumpers on the side brackets so maybe rattling was an issue but they resolved it by securing the side brackets with the bumpers when it is closed.

It is a magnetic latch though so sometimes when you close the tailgate there is some rattling. It sounds like the magnetic latch sometimes opens up from the force of the gate closing but it always quickly closes itself again. It's only attached by 3 screws along the top so I added a strip of foam weather stripping at the bottom in case that caused rattling.

I know exactly what you mean about being hung up on the stars but once I look at the massive amount of tray space it provides I forget about those dumb stars.
I went with the Rock Slide table for a few reasons but the double shelves and maximum weight limit pushed me over the top on this one. It does rattle a bit when you close the tailgate but I've gotten used to that. As far as driving goes, I've never really heard it rattle but I usually have the radio on.

Reactor111

First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
The RSE table will rattle. No if and or buts. Can you add foam adhesive in select places and get it quiet? Yes. The table is well designed, takes up little space when stowed. I would buy again, but as delivered it rattles. But I also believe all that are made of metal will rattle also.
Sponsored