Synergy wheel spacers

ptoemmes

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Willys “Edition” TBD Mar 2021
The JL wheel stud length looks to be 1.67". If I recall correctly, the JK wheel stud length is 1.5" My hunch is that Spidertrax and Synergy only have 1.75" spacers to eliminate the need of having to grind the stud for an aftermarket wheel without the reliefs in the stock wheel.

I used a 1.5" on a JK stock wheel no problem. Not sure if it works on a JK with aftermarket wheels. It probably needs grinding on an aftermarket wheel but NOT on a stock wheel with reliefs.

Anyone's guess if Spidertrax and Synergy will do 1.5s, but Bora makes them (and smaller) per post #12.
Sponsored

ptoemmes

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I heard back from a Bora supplier re: 1.25" and 1.0" spacers for the JL.

Just to reset the baseline, the line of inquiry was the use of Bora spacers on STOCK JL wheels - not aftermarket. Need the pockets.

We know from post #12 that 1.5" Bora spacers work for stock wheels no stud grinding.

The response for 1.25" is "probably" and for 1.0" measure the depth/width of the pockets on the backside of a stock JL wheel. In other words - the same response - measure - for both.

So, next person with a stock wheel off their JL with the inclination to measure the pocket dimensions - depth and width for a possibly wheel spacer lug nut intrusion - please have at it!

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I have Synergy 1.75" spacers. Give a great look, and a very slight change to better steering, especially on turns.
I think anything less than 1.75" will be hard to install on Rubicons or I might be wrong.
i have 1.5" Bora spacers on my Rubicon. Are Rubicons supposed to have longer studs than the Sahara and sport?

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
i have 1.5" Bora spacers on my Rubicon. Are Rubicons supposed to have longer studs than the Sahara and sport?
I had 1 5/8th spacers on my Rubicon and the rear studs stuck out past the spacers. My wheels had recesses so it didn't matter but for wheels without the recess it could cause a major issue.

Last edited:

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I had 1 5/8th spacers on my Rubicon and the rear studs stuck out last the spacers. My wheels had recesses so it didn't matter but for wheels without the recess it could cause a major issue.
the studs stuck out on the front and rear on my jeep, but the question at hand has been about stock wheels not aftermarket wheels unless i read it wrong.

good info for someone with aftermarket wheels though.

Sponsored

Rubicon_LA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not an expert by all means, but I remember I came across some thread here that said on Rubicons (other models were not mentioned) 1 5/8" and less have the studs sticking out. So I went with 1 3/4" and the fit was perfect. I am on stock wheels, but on 35" tires.

ptoemmes

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here's the link where the stud length on a 2018 JL Sport S two door was measured. I can't think of a reason why the stud specs would be any different on the various JL models, but I don't know for sure.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/lug-stud-length-nut-info.20389/

Based on the results from Rubicon owners with 1 5/8" (1.625" on a 1.67" stud) spacers (apparently no longer made) and those with 1 3/4" (it's just 1/8 of an inch but all the diff in the world if you need it) my hunch is that they are all the same length.

Spidertrax and Synergy only currently offer the 1 3/4" spacer so aftermarket (and stock) wheels are good to go - no grinding. But they have punted for the time being on anything less than 1 3/4" spacers for STOCK JL wheels. Bora has you covered at 1 1/2" for sure, 1 1/4" maybe, and 1" probably not without grinding.

All IMHO.

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Here's the link where the stud length on a 2018 JL Sport S two door was measured. I can't think of a reason why the stud specs would be any different on the various JL models, but I don't know for sure.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/lug-stud-length-nut-info.20389/

Based on the results from Rubicon owners with 1 5/8" (1.625" on a 1.67" stud) spacers (apparently no longer made) and those with 1 3/4" (it's just 1/8 of an inch but all the diff in the world if you need it) my hunch is that they are all the same length.

Spidertrax and Synergy only currently offer the 1 3/4" spacer so aftermarket (and stock) wheels are good to go - no grinding. But they have punted for the time being on anything less than 1 3/4" spacers for STOCK JL wheels. Bora has you covered at 1 1/2" for sure, 1 1/4" maybe, and 1" probably not without grinding.

All IMHO.
Thanks for the info. I didn’t know so I was curious. So there is no confusion I am not saying the studs didn’t stick out with my 1.5” spacers because they did front and back, but because I’m using stock wheels which have the recess in the back of them I didn’t have to cut or grind any studs.

Last edited:

Jeepdude101

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR black
Occupation
Construction field worker
Vehicle Showcase
Looks good on my jlur I will be going 315 70 17 on stock rims with synergy 1 3/4 spacers in a month or two

Sponsored

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado
Just installed the Synergy spacers due to installing wider 37" tires. Easy to install and very affordable compared to buying new wheels. Like the hub-centric aspect. Quick ship from Northridge. Didn't really want to have to use spacers but gotta do what you gotta do.

thoover74

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I just installed these yesterday on a JLU Sahara. While I would love to spend the $s on new wheels, these worked, look great and didn't notice a change in driving.
Sponsored